Sunday, May 30, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 11: 1052-1056: Empress Huilang of the Wu

Turns out I was confused by the Shanwei Empire name. Han Emperor inherited Tang Empire, but he was a tributary of Shanwei in spite of being much more powerful, so it's still Han Empire, just looks like Shanwei on the map. Now that clears it.

Despite my best hopes, Han Empire got wrecked by the Mongols practically without any resistance, even though they weren't outnumbered by that much, 60k to 40k or so total.

I was wondering when the Mongols would settle down, as nomads generally do at certain size, but the answer is never - they are specifically hardcoded to never use this decision. Well, if their event troops die, then their settled vassals are likely to rebel, so that will get rid of them, hopefully, someday.

As Mongol-Han War was over, I resumed my wife's claim war. After some more trouble, my wife, now proclaiming herself Wu Empress, got what's left of Tang.

Not like it did her much good, she was hit by independence revolt, claimant faction revolt, and foreign invasions pretty much immediately, and my forces were all spent just getting her on the throne in the first place. There should seriously be some truce timer with factions for this, otherwise every pressed claimant instantly loses their throne most of the time.

The only good news was that we had a child. Unfortunately that child was a daughter, so nothing will come out of this whole misadventure.

With everything going wrong in China, the Incas landed on island just East of Java, threatening the only Buddhist Holy Site we still had.

In principle my cousin grand mayor Chanarong "the Silver Blood" Mookjai has enough silver and gold and other shiny thing to hire every mercenary between Japan and Constantinople and push Incas back into the great sea, but will he?

Meanwhile I neglected missionary work, so I have a lot of angry infidel vassals, who can see my depleted army and are plotting to rebel.


For a brief moment it seemed like maybe she'd have a few years of calm to have a son, build some support among her vassals, and for my armies to recover so I can help. None of that happened, and she was cursed with a useless girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment