Sunday, May 9, 2021

Tianxia China: Part 11: 1036-1042: Song Empire

Zhao Empire was proclaimed by my cousin Jingzu, who died of old age of 62. It was inherited by his son and my son-in-law Chengzong, who died in battle. It was then inherited by his son and by grandson Shaozong, who also died in battle.

After Shaozong's death, he left no adult children, and his only adult brother was a total lunatic. The succession was open, and as grandfather of all potential candidates and trusted advisor of previous emperors, it ought to be up to me to determine, which descendant of Jingzu was to carry the Mandate of Heaven.

The council disagreed, and tried to force my grandson Ding-Nghe, largely so they can manipulate the young boy. I tried to talk some reason into them, but the dispute escalated. My grandson's supporters even hired mercenaries to bolster their forces, but since they couldn't pay them, mercenaries switched side to mine.

During this war, I died at ripe old age of 72.

The new king of Guangxi is Wenjie's son Yuanchong, 48.

Grievously scarred, gardener, ambitious, proud, deceitful, zealous, diligent, greedy, arbitrary, and stressed. 6/11/13/10/11.

The first order of business was finishing the fight for my niece's claim against my nephew. The fight was almost over, and my niece renamed the empire to Song Empire. And since we're renaming, I renamed my kingdom to South Coast.

Then the game bugged out, and random parts of my lands became independent. I guess this is some glitch with harsh exclave independence game rule (which is supposed to make exclaves independence on inheritance), and inheritance during rebellion, but a lot of these places weren't disconnected at all, so it's really unclear what happened.

I decided to just treat the bug as a valid succession related chaoc, and not fix it by console. In total 35 counties seceded by a bug. I politely asked a few counts to join me, less politely asked those who declined, but of 19 counties I didn't need for pretty borders I just let go for now.

Chu Emperor thought a young girl couldn't defend her empire, but she had uncle to protect her. Once we won, I attacked back, and seized their only coastal duchy.

Mongols were down from 115k to 65k event troops when adventurer host with 30k event troops invaded them. I'm still paying some attention to them, and the earlier they show up the stronger they usually are, but it increasingly looks like they'll run out of steam before they reach me.

All this arguing over succession gave my father a heart attack

My dynasty now holds two empires - Song and Khmer Empire
China civil war increasingly looks like Song vs Jin, with other 4 claimants less and less relevant - and I think it's like the third Jin Empire by now, list of potential names is too short
Heisui Jurchen tribals and Mongols are both a potential threat if they wanted to claim the Dragon Throne as well


No comments:

Post a Comment