Sunday, May 2, 2021

Tianxia China: Part 03: 956-963: Fall of the Han Empire

Rebels against my emperor conquered the whole duchy of Guangnanxi. I offered to lead the reconquest, and in exchange I got the claim for the duchy for myself, and former rebels as my vassals. I still needed to pay the full price for re-establishing the administration.

My wife cheated on me with my marshal, so I divorced her, banished the marshal, and arranged marriage with a cousin of Japanese Tenno.

I declared wars against Chu and Tongren, calling into them Dali, Annan, and emperor of Wu. Up to this point I was my emperor's most loyal vassal, and I was trying to help the Han Empire recover, of course with me in control of the reconquered lands.

This doesn't look too desperate, but that's just the first wave

Unfortunately then the Han Emperor lost Mandate of Heaven utterly, and waves after waves of rebels spread all over what was left of the Han empire.

I didn't want to break my vassal oath, but I had no choice. I first had to break my son's betrothal to imperial princess, and declare independence war from Han by force, or else endless hordes of rebels would completely destroy my lands just as they were destroying the rest of the realm.

Then weirdly with death of the Han emperor, all rebels politely disbanded, and my independence war instantly succeeded. That didn't stop me from just resuming the fight, targeting a duchy I needed for king title.

After that I got myself king of Giangxi title.

What was left of the Shu empire collapsed. Liao, Min, and Han are just remnants of what they were. Jin is in multiple revolts, which could shatter the realm if they keep going for too long, and that would leave Wu as the only meaningful claimant to the Dragon Throne.

Annan and Wu are allies, and Dali used to be under previous ruler

Once I clean up the borders by taking a bit of Chu and Han lands, it will be a nice and safe corner of China

I don't currently have any imperial ambitions, and I might even swear fealty to Wu or Jin emperor, depending on how things go. Or just leave China to do its own thing, and migrate to Singapore or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment