Sunday, May 9, 2021

Tianxia China: Part 12: 1042-1051: Wang Zheng Jin of South Coast

My father ruled for only 7 years, and in that time he established my cousin's Song Empire. After his untimely passing, I gained the throne at young age of just 10.

I'm 7/4/5/2/4. Haughty, Affectionate, Playful, Indolent, Idolizer. Not even close to being ready for rule. Until I come of age, the realm is under regency of Savkelti Sarek, a Jewish Khazar woman who was possibly my father's lover. She later tried to get a whole damn duchy as reward for regency, but I said no. Some gold is enough of a reward.

My disloyal vassals didn't wait even one week and tried to blackmail me. They got crushed, but I let them just pay me money for their freedom, just this one time.

My cousin and my empress got attacked by both Chu and Jin. While those wars were ongoing, she was then murdered on order of disloyal vassal, and her younger brother inherited the throne. It took us years to finally beat them back. Perhaps we shouldn't have let those pretenders exist.

And within days of that victory, news of a Sunrise Invasion of Inca Empire arrived. Oh my father might have sold them some land on Taiwan. That might have something to do with it.

Meanwhile, Tang Empire completely collapsed, and really little is left of Han and Yan.

Mongol Empire fell apart, with various khagan taking their own followers and going their way. The Borjigin clan is still the strongest, but if they have to keep fighting to keep the Steppes together every succession, we have little to worry about.

I'm also actually quite impressed that my cousin managed to stay as Khmer Emperor for 35 years now, starting as a 5 year old baby. He went native, but he kept Taoist religion, none of that Hindu superstition.

Succession happening at time of peace is unusual. Rebellious vassals just had to mess it up, but that's typical for a minor inheriting.


Mongols lost Western lands, so they went into India, but they only have 36k event troops left of their original 115k, so they now either settle as feudal rulers or inevitably get kicked out

Inca's 45k event troops is actually less than we just faced between Jin and Chu together, but that fight was really painful.
If they could maybe fight Japan with their 30k, or assortment Indonesian rulers with about as much between all of them, that would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment