Monday, May 3, 2021

Tianxia China: Part 04: 963-976: African China

In just a decade, China changed beyond recognition.

Min and Liao claimants to the Dragon Throne got destroyed, limiting the war to just 3 claimants, and a lot of minors.

In the West, powerful kingdom of Chengdufu emerged, created by a liberator rebellion by a Shenist Pagan speaking local Qiang dialect. It's the second biggest Chinese realm, has the strongest army, and successfully won wars against Cheng (former Jin). Soon king of Chengdufu may try to claim the Dragon Throne.

In the North, Jin emperor had a martilineal marriage with some Yoruba woman, and a Yoruba kid inherited the empire, now renamed Cheng Empire. We're still allied, as his uncle is married to my daughter. His claim is far stronger than the other two, so future China might be African. Or not - as he's in terrible health, and his heir would restore Jin dynasty.

In the East, Wu emperor was doing well, but then independence rebellion split his realm in two, and it's unclear if it will recover.

Most surprising things happened in the South. When I declared my independence, Han Empire was on verge of collapsing (I even prematurely titled previous episode "Fall of the Han Empire"), and I expected to just sweep the remains.

Instead not only it fully recovered, it was bullying all the minors, and was on its way to be the second strongest claimant after Jin/Cheng. Meanwhile I was struggling wit disloyal vassals endlessly plotting against me and rebelling.

I had to do something about it. The key to Han's recovery was its alliange with king of Wuyue in East China. Han prince married Wuyue princess, and they were supporting each others' wars. I invited the couple to my court, and in a shocking development, the prince had a tragic accident. Thus ended Han-Wuyue alliance, but they're still about as strong as my kingdom.

As for minor countries, Chu and Dali completely collapsed, and I had parts in taking their lands. Various minor dukes in Central China keep getting independence, then being conquered by stronger realms, and so on. It will be a while until peace comes to those lands.

Current power ranking is about:

  • Cheng Emperor
  • Chengdufu King
  • Wu Emperor
  • Guangxi King
  • Han Emperor
  • Jiangnandong Duke
  • Wuyue King
  • Beifujian Duke (Taoist Min; but of Smith dynasty due to some game bug)
  • Yongxin Chu King
  • Chu King

And long list of insignificant minors.


Jin and Wu seemed to be stabilizing, but that's no longer true for both

I wonder if China will ever recover. If there remains just one claimant with clear Mandate of Heaven, I'm still open to joining their realm as a vassal king

There's not been any real issues with hordes or other foreigners. Liao dynasty founded by the Khitan horde lasted almost nothing, with former emperor (married to my oldest daughter) reduced to a vassal 2-count of Cheng.

No comments:

Post a Comment