Sunday, May 30, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 10: 1040-1052: Almost Emperor of China

As I finally passed religious conformity laws, I could revoke 8 Chinese Taoist counts, as well as assortment of mayors and temple holders, to get the realm to spiritual peace. Well, they could also just convert, but only one of them agreed to that.

Missionaries were spreading the true faith there as well, just as they successfully converted my Hindu peasants in the South before. With far too much effort I even got to tier 4 in monk society, so I could instaconvert a province to Buddhist, currently every 3-4 years.

My chancellor kept looking for the ancestral homeland of the Shan people, and surprisingly found it in Champa of all places.

I had truce with queen of Champa, but various relatives of Vietnamese dukes were practically begging me to help them recover their lands located between Guangxi and Champa, and so I did.

Tang Emperor got wrecked by the Mongols, offering very little resistance.

I pressed my wife's claim to 2-county "Chinese Empire". Then a surprise happened - and the target inherited the whole Tang, and by some mod triggers, their two claimant empires merged, so I was actually accidentally pressing wife's claim for half of China.

That was a bit too much for me, so I called emperor of Japan into this war, but during that, Mongols invaded Japan and subjugated it all.

I got the war for China to stalemate with enough occupations to get the cap, but I couldn't get any decisive battle, as the emperor of (after far too many renames) Shanwei kept a doomstack - well, relative to what little troops I had from all the constant fighting.

I thought about hiring some mercenaries for decisive battle, but Mongols invaded Shanwei, and I really didn't want to help the Mongols, so I basically withdrew and left the war stalled.

I'll let Mongols beat him down, then get decisive battle against his leftovers. Otherwise my wife will inherit this fight anyway. Mongols are down to just 39k event troops from starting of about 100k, but Shanwei only got 20k remaining of his 25k max - and I only 8k of my theoretical 20k max.

And if he somehow wins? Well, then I'll crush his blooded leftovers anyway. He's supported by two 10k allies in this war, so it's not totally impossible.

Well, even if my wife accidentally became Empress of North China, that wouldn't make that much difference, as she's been childless so far, and spend far more time in company of young handmaids than in my bed. But surely those unnatural rumors of what they do there can't be true?

The Mongols completely ignoring the Khitai khagan of Zubu who controls most of the steppe and going straight for heart of China. The Incas are supposedly common, maybe there will be Inca-Mongol war for Japan?

Or Incas will minmax as well and invade China through Taiwan.

Kingdom of Guangxi currently consists of awkward 8 parts along the coast, but Zhong and Champa are too weak to keep those apart for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment