Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 03: 959-962: Prince Mayor of the Pegu Republic

I had a long todo list:

  • get duchy of Pegu (-30 with all vassals if I do)
  • get county of Pegu (-15 with all vassals if I do)
  • get city in county of Pegu (-15 with all vassals if I do)
  • make that city primary holding in the county
  • gain 1000 prestige to get CB on duke of Thaton
  • conquer duke of Thaton to get majority of de jure kingdom of Pegu
  • create kingdom of Pegu
  • make that kingdom my primary title
  • get peace so I can move my capital
  • move my capital to historical capital of Pegu (no other moves allowed for very long time)
  • form merchant republic

Helpfully as I was fighting nearby pagans to gain prestige, duke of Pegu decided to plot against me, then rebelled when I tried to imprison him, so that covered first two points without any penalties, as well as got my 1000 prestige.

Unfortunately a filthy Hindu inherited Thaton, so I lost my vassalization CB. So instead I got a Buddhist claimant, granted him land I got from pagans, and pressed his claim. So that ended up working even better.

I tried spying on the mayor, but it was hopeless, so I just took that -15 penalty. They'll all get over it. And with that, I could create my merchant republic! The first one ever on the Indian Ocean.

Going from a landlocked Sanamahist tribal count at 16 to Buddhist king-tier prince mayor at 41 was quite a journey, but we're just getting started!

Meanwhile, my grandson became Pala king of Bengal, but my daughter / his mother got captured by some barbarians, so that part of my family is not doing great.

It would have been easier to become merchant republic as a tribal islander, and both easier and more funny as a Mongol horde.

Now that the tribe settled down, there's nothing that could possibly go wrong, we'll just trade with everyone, and be all peaceful, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment