Monday, March 30, 2020

Habsburg Megacampaign: Part 30: 1279-1288: British and Roman India

Normalcy was returning quickly after Wuhan Flu passed. All the bastards born during lockdown orgies needed marriages to arrange, vassals and peasants had to be converted to the true faith, borders needed to be cleaned up, buildings needed to be erected, and so on.

One of my vassals duke of Raetia conquered himself basically the whole Finland, briefly held by infidel invaders, so I crowned him a king of Finland and released him as independent on condition of paying me tribute for the rest of my life.
It created many gaps in my realm, but they'll fill in with time.

I did the same to a Kurdish duke of Khozistan in Persian Gulf, which somehow ended up as my vassal in some inexplicably way. And to count of Lower Don. That leaves my weirdest remote possession as half of Iceland, owned by merchant republic of Amalfi.

Once glorious Habsburg kingdom of Scotland/Ireland, reduced to just Ireland after Britannia got created, now completely collapsed, and my family only holds county of Dublin there.

Then I noticed that my kinsman king of Maharastra was second in line to British Empire. The accident happened and mi very distant cousin Dieter, descendant of one of the crusades, became emperor of Britannia and king of Maharastra and Telingana. He's Catholic, but nobody's perfect.

Not even a year later, my brother's line ruling over Bengal, Orissa, Gondwana, Bihar, and Kamarupa went extinct, and I inherited it. I didn't even notice it - but his both children were my vassals and died of Wuhan Flu, and he died of depression and cancer a while later.
I'll need to figure out what to do with all that land.

The Pope called 7th crusade to be against Hindu Sindh. With whole might of Britannia next door they'll probably do just fine even though it's the first time I'm not participating.

I have a chance to prove that I'm a descendant of Alexander the Great. My scholars are working on tracking the true genealogy.


Two greatest realms in the world are both held by Habsburgs, and 5th somewhat patched up Georgia in held by my wife

I really don't want to hold lands that far, so I'll setup junior branch of the family there somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment