Saturday, March 21, 2020

Habsburg Megacampaign: Part 15: 1172-1183: King Poppo Son of Satan

I thought about creating Empire of Francia, which is de jure Arles, France, Aquitaine, and Brittany. I control 3 of its kingdoms (Brittany doesn't exist) and 90% of its territory, but weirdly its title creation requirement is to own a kingdom outside these 4. Oh well, it's probably going to happen at some point, it's supposed to be a megacampaign.

I was in extremely poor health, so I tried to spend as much time as possible with my family - especially with my sister princess Christine, who was very dear to me. Many people say her daughters looks so much like me, what a mystery this is. A few times I was near death, but eventually I fully recovered.

A got to rule over 10 years, and managed to convince my vassals to make Aquitaine inherit by primogeniture like my other titles. It would be really awkward otherwise.

I have extensive dynastic plans for kingdoms of Sicily and Africa. All 3 siblings of current king are married to Habsburgs. We'll get those titles.

A surprise 40k horde spawn in Capua, which was inexplicably held by a Sunni Cuman, relative of some past khagans. I had to defend Sicily from it in multiple wars, and I even lost some battles - the secret with hordes is that my levies recover, but their event troops don't, so even a loss is a win, as long as it was sufficiently bloody for them.

The Mongol khagan was slain in personal combat by a woman. Next one shat himself to death. What a double embarassment for all Mongols! The third khagan is wasting his time just like the previous two.

Shia Jihad against Georgia ended up in white peace, making it the most successful Jihad so far.

We got our first inbred Habsburg, emir Adelmio II of Fes. That was shockingly not due to any inbreeding on our side - his mother of Estrid dynasty was already inbred.


There were many wars, but in the end very little changed this decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment