Sunday, March 29, 2020

Habsburg Megacampaign: Part 28: 1263-1271: Nice Clean Borders

I got my distant cousin Irmeltrud the Unchaste rule over Anatolia, and she became my vassal.

Then after some weird vassal claim shenanigans I got a vassal Jewish king of Bulgaria and a random Sunni duchess. I'm not mass revoking Catholics, but that's definitely going too far.

As a result my borders are finally quite nice, and my sons all have some land to rule.

Catholic unity started breaking down, with emperor of Britannia setting up his own alternative Pope. That brings their moral authority from about 170% to about 120%, so a few more antipopes and maybe they'll be in some real trouble?

Timurids ended their miserable existence. They will not be missed.

Song dynasty got overthrown in China by Zhao dynasty. This is supposed to reset my Chinese mana, but it didn't. Is this a known bug?

And together with this news, some horrible new disease erupted in China and is spreading towards us through the Silk Road. It already reached Georgia, so soon it will cross our borders. I'm sure it's all just hype and everything will be perfectly fine.

I'll ban all international flights just in case. I've heard some crazy scholar in the Hermetic Society made a prototype flying machine, that's definitely too dangerous in those times. What if it bring the disease. What if it flies too close to the Sun, and falls down on someone's head? Just crazy.


With my font being over my tributaries, New Rome looks so nice
My family's Orthodox Bengal and Catholic Maharastra are doing shockingly well
My other family kingdoms of Finland, Estonia, Ireland, and OPM Thuringia are not doing so well.

I don't expect too much damage from the Chinese disease. It could mess up succession, but no realm seems too fragile, most royal families are just too big at this point. A Habsburg is 4th in line to Brittania, and a non-Habsburg 3rd in line to Georgia, but I don't expect it to be that deadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment