Sunday, March 15, 2020

Habsburg Megacampaign: Part 04: 1086-1096: King Otto

Every new reign starts with organizing the realm, and this one started in the middle of 5 wars.

The crusade won, with William the Bastard's nephew Errand Sword of Jesus becoming the new king of Egypt. For my constribution, my sister got a duchy there, but she already has a non-dynastic son, and is due to marry Jimena king of Castile, so that won't stay in the family. As if Egypt could ever defend itself from the coming jihads.

Shia Caliph of Egypt ran into Abyssinia, and hopefully won't survive there. Sunni world is shattered due to Seljuk realm collapsing due to decadence. So maybe we'll have some time before things get bleak?

Sunni Caliph called jihad as expected, but it was fairly weak, and ended up failing miserably. ą…;;

I tried to be at peace for one second so I could become a king and get a proper crowning, but that was not possible, as something or another kept pulling me into bullshit wars. If there's one change I'd like CK2 to do is change every single fucking "must be at peace" check to "must not be primary war participant" check. Being minor participant with no way out happens all the damn time.

Oh well, I was an 8-way duke, and organizing my realwm was too complex, so I proclaimed myself a king. Kaiser transferred two dukes under me, and I did a big duchy givaway to whoever seemed most reliable.

I discovered that duchy of Ferrara got moved from de jure Italy to de jure Papal States in recent patch, so now the Pope hates me. Oops.

I was waiting for coronation events, passing time with tiny HRE border skirmishes, but it's just never going to happen. I don't think I was "at peace" for even one day this campaign, and I don't think I'll ever be at peace even if it continues until 1444. There's always some bullshit fake "war" going on - Kaiser's war, my allies' wars, war on drugs, war on poverty, crusades, jihads, even if those wars have only the most remote relationship with me, I still count as "at war".

So I guess it's back to modding to fix this bullshit.

As for my character. I'm a 21/11/9/10/30 possessed zealous lunatic diligent ambitious kind and charitable Grey Eminence with Necronomicon in my inventory, adept of the Hermetic Society, former pilgrim and crusader.


One of many bullshit wars where France and England are just trying to race sieges, for over a decade.


I'm in 4 "wars". Those dashed lines are not even any of them - it's a fight between my vassal and his rebellious vassals.
That extension heading East from my capital is result of my misclick on CB list. I was trying to get duchy of Verona, not useless Thurgau. The vague plan is to connect. Arles, Carinthia, and Ferrara by conquering North Italy, and then go independent, sometime in next century.
Those faraway lands in  North Germany I can just give to some cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment