Monday, March 23, 2020

Habsburg Megacampaign: Part 20: 1201-1210: Fall of the Aztecs

Amazingly the Mongol khagan got instant massive revolts - 45k minor clan rising, 30k Persian liberation, and some tiny Tengri, Suomenusko, Sunni, and peasant revolts. All the other nomad clans started instantly fighting each other. Wonderful. By the time they sort it out it might be 1444.

On my way home my troops joined another fight against the Aztecs. After that Aztecs got into embargo war with republic of Amalfi - feel free to win this one, if that's what the mightly empire from another continent got reduced to, I'm OK with that.

My wife queen of Sicily attacked king of Africa for her second title. That's some casual feudal war for a change. My wife tragically died of depression soon after, leaving our son Hugo in charge of both. Unfortunately it happened too unexpectedly, and I never arranged any marriage alliances for Hugo, so he'll pick some random lowborn wench.

I found alliances for my other children, but couldn't find anything for myself, so I took a genius daughter of a minor baron.

A big Berber Catholic liberation rebellion erupted against the Aztecs. Unfortunately not only nobody can help them, everyone's automatically hostile against liberation rebellions. And the way CK2 works, rebels always have 0 tech, so they're in year 700, while everyone else is in year 1200. This is especially bad for sieging.

They were stuck at +60% to +80% warscore, but getting nowhere, so I did my best, and raided the Aztecs to disrupt their attempts at fighting the rebellion. Sadly the rebels sacked Fes and killed some of my distant family - 4 boys.

While the rebellion was losing steam, Aztecs were so weakened by it, by their previous wars, by rebellious vassals, by my raiding, that when sultan of Andalusia declared religious liberation war on them, they had nothing to defend themselves with. I joined the sultan, and now there's a new Catholic ruler in Maghreb. The Sunset Invasion is over.

All the threats to Christianity fall, as if God willed it.

Meanwhile, Teutonic Order attacked some high chieftess of Frozen Wasteland, and they somehow lost. Probably to the winter. It doesn't matter, missionary activity is going well, and Lithuania and Finland both converted.

At one point there was even Finnish Revolt by some Hindu Finnish vassal. How did that happen? No idea.


The Aztecs have been thrown into the Great Sea
The Mongols are still everywhere, just busy fighting each other - there's 21 independent Mongol hordes, in addition to all other kinds of hordes


Catholics are doing really well.
Mongols went Buddhist, so that's the second greatest religion by area.
Hindu, Orthodox, and Sunni are very far behind.

It's going to be annoying on conversion as best EU4 religions (Orthodox, Coptic) are worst CK2 religions.


No comments:

Post a Comment