Sunday, March 22, 2020

Habsburg Megacampaign: Part 17: 1187-1193: King Adam the Sword of the Blessed Virgin

Before I could do anything, I had a claimant to defeat. And as soon as I crushed one, another started gathering his army. Good that I have a spacious dungeon for them.

I basically bribed queen of Georgia into marrying my brother, and having Catholic Habsburgs inherit Georgia. Great use of money. It resulted in me being called into war after war to defend Georgia. No wonder she was so willing to go along with this.

I asked Pope for coronation ceremony, and he demanded that I join a war on king of England, whom my father defended from the whole Catholic world. Well, that was my father and this is me. Funnily enough once previous king was overthrown, his excommunication got lifted, but the new king soon had a tragic accident, and previous king was back on the throne. As if God willed it.

Between that and all the wars my relatives pulled me into, I had no time to rest.

Fourth Crusade was actually not as well planned as I thought - it targetted sultan of Syria, but it was war for Anatolia - that meant about same amount of land, but since sultan would keep his title, his realm wouldn't shatter into individual duchies. In any case, I got it with 50% participation, and my cousin became Queen Irmeltrud the Sword of the Blessed Virgin of Anatolia, and I got very well rewarded. She was matrilineally married to uncle of king of Sicily and Africa as well, so there was a decent chance of them inheriting that.

Once my wife gave birth to a daughter, I pressed her claim for Sicily. That succeeded, but previous king somehow kept half of it anyway.

Some Zikri bastard inherited second crusader kingdom of Maghreb, and then he flipped Yazidi. He soon picked a fight with his vassals and I intervened on their side.
Unfortunately his son took over, and once he died, the old sultan was back on the throne. And he had a lot of sons to go through before Catholics were back in line of succession.
Well, I'm going to go through every single one of those infidel bastards until they're all dead!

HRE rebellion overthrew one Kaiser and installed another.

I tried to send missionaries to Lithuania, but it ended up poorly.

There's been a rumor of some strange boats from across the Great Sea, but that's not possible. And then it turned out it was actually possible, with those demons landing in Ireland.

Kaiser's 34k is no match for their 84k of mostly heavy infantry, but if I help as well, maybe we can stop them before they reach Paris.


The Mongols have been dicking around for 40 years now
The Aztecs opened by invading the biggest realm in known world, not counting China

Annoyingly kingdoms of Scotland and Ireland are held by another branch of Habsburg dynasty so keeping them contained on the island means losing good dynastic land. Either way, we fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment