Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 13: 1599-1604: Shun China

Global trade spawned for me in Ceylon, even though it wasn't a state. That's a bit awkward.

I had an idea how to avoid Ottomans joining a huge coalition against me while I conquer my way West - ally Ottomans myself.
But for now I wanted to avoid expanding too much, as I'm really trying to finish mission for 100% religious unity, and my enemies keep giving me free infidel land.

At least I finished mission for Indochina. 6 more to go:
  • get 100% religious unity
  • conquer Burma - that means literally colonize the Andamans
  • conquer Khorasan - 3 provinces left
  • conquer Persia
  • be strongest trade power in Hormuz and Gulf of Aden - so basically conquer Arabia and maybe East Africa
  • industrialize Bengal - grand shipyards can't be done for another 100 years, but I did the rest of it


Shun took the Mandate of Heaven, but didn't took historical capital of Nanjing which is just over their border and for which they definitely had warscore, so they really messed up their chances of successfully establishing their dynasty.

At least they won't get Unguarded Nomad Frontier day one, as Oirats are no longer a horde. So they're losing just -0.07 a month (would by just -0.02 if they took Nanjing). This can be recovered from with a few bonuses.

I'm not going to help them, but I sort of wish them best of luck, AI so rarely successfully establishes new dynasty, usually they fall apart almost right away

Meanwhile, king of Desmond, about half of Ireland, declared in his will that his kingdom should pass to France on his death, but Britain disagreed, so they went into a succession war.
While London was occupied by Protestant zealots, and half of France by Aragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment