Sunday, January 19, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 03: 1474-1489: End of Tamil Insurgency

Diplomatic meddling my Malwa and Mewar prevented any easy wars. I used that break in expansion to get second admin idea for for -25% core creation cost, so it wasn't too bad.

I got the age ability to fabricate claims next to claims, and managed to snake them way into an OPM to distract Mewar without triggering anything major. It cost me 20 favors so I milked that for 4 wars in which Mewar would otherwise interfere, in addition to actually killing that OPM. I still had to fight Malwa.

I finally got rid of Tamil insurgency events, unlocking main part of my mission chain. There's a way to do this in 1444, but it's the first time I'm playing the new mission tree, so I had no idea. Oh well. That's 13/25 missions done.

Bengal at some point flipped Hindu, managed to crush what was left of Orissa, but then went Muslim again by a coup. Damn infidel oppressors need to be thrown back into the dessert.

Bengal then allied their fellow sultanate Malwa. So it's me and Mewar vs the infidels. After the war Mewar collapsed, and Hindu Garha popped up in most of their remaining land.

Timurids conquered Sistan who started the independence league. They also annexed their one loyal vassal Fars. It was going so well, then they fell apart to rebels, and a new even bigger Sistan got reborn. Also Fars. Then Afghanistan took over half of New Sistan.

Central India is mostly fine, so I diplovassalized Gorkha, and maybe I'll expand there next. It's not connected to my mainland other than my territory of my ally Jaunpur, but how long this alliance will last is anyone's guess.

This slow push North is really increasing my power. My income increased from 50 to 76 in this short time, more than anyone else in the world. Ming is suffering consequences of first imperial reform, so maybe they'll just fall apart without my help.


Mewar, Orissa, and what was left of Gujarat are all gone.
There was a brief Timurid resurgence, but that's over now.
Mamluks are big, and Ottomans are getting into fights as far as Khorasan, so I might need another intervention or to.
So far I've been trying my best to avoid fighting Delhi or my allies (Mewar, Jaunpur, Afghanistan, Pegu).


Great Powers map. Aragon having PU over Castile is the only unusual thing here.

No comments:

Post a Comment