Thursday, January 23, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 08: 1538-1541: Bharat

Coalition wars destroyed all my diplomatic relations - leaving me with just Afghanistan as an ally, and Dhundhar, Assam, and Punjab as vassals.
I had 4 free slots, so I allied:

  • Oirats - horde over 300dev which is making Ming get into another crisis
  • Ajam - Shia country in Persia which really hates the same Sunnis as me
  • Champa - Theravada country in South Vietnam I hoped to diplovassalize someday
  • Hormuz - they were forced to break our allliance during coalition wars, but that timed out, so we allied again

I formed Bharat in February 1541, less than 97 years into the campaign. I only did 18/25 Vijayanagari missions, but the rest really weren't realistically doable for decades.

Bharat has new set of missions:
  • 5 are about uniting parts of India, then followed by 6th which just rewards you for the whole set - I did 3 of them day one
  • 3 are about conquests in Indochina
  • 2 are about conquests in Persia
  • 1 is about getting 100% religious unity
  • 3 are about trade and development
I'd say if I do all that, wreck Ming, Mamluks, and maybe Ottomans, I'll count it as a win.

That got me a lot of claims over India and Burma, which aligns with my strategy nicely.

My army and navy are both at half of my force limit due to all the losses in coalition wars, but that should be enough.

Ming triggered Unguarded Nomadic Frontier disaster, I'll definitely help Oirats fight them if I get called into it.


I liked the Vijayanagari yellow color better, but this intense green is still fine

No comments:

Post a Comment