Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 06: 1516-1531: The Shun Rebellion

My ruler got cruel for +2 unrest, his wife was a heretic for +2 unrest, and then there was overextension, and such - reason to pick fights with the government started piling up.
I couldn't resign, as my last two heirs failed their swimming lessons.

Ming got his by their crisis and fell of valid rivals list. Ashikaga attacked their tributary Ryukyu, and won.

Shun rebelled against Ming, but then got double-teamed by Ming and Oirats - they lost a lot of land, but they kept Beijing.

Hindu rebels flipped Delhi Hindu. I hoped they'd fall apart instead like Bengal, but it's still something.

I integrated my vassals, and got new allies - Hormuz, Ayutthaya, and Lan Xang. Ayutthaya and Lan Xang hated each other, but covering both would let me clean up Burma area without much opposition. It didn't quite work, and Ayutthaya broke our alliance after event about claims gave up -50 relations. Oh well.

Instead I allied Transoxiana - and without them, Central Asian Sunni coalition against me is really unlikely.

I got into another big war, against Baluchistan and Delhi, supported by a lot of minors. I a lot of land, now missing only one province to form Bharat - province unfortunately held by my ally Mewar.

After the war, coalition finally happened. With 1598dev and strong vassals and allies, maybe it's a bit late.

Coalition right now is:
  • Central Asian Hordes: Nogai, Chagatai
  • Arabia: Dawasir
  • Africa: Shewa
  • Indonesia: Brunei, Malacca
  • South-East Asia: Mong Yang, Mong Pai, Mong Nai
With obviously more to come from all those regions. Mamluks are above the threshold, but they're busy in some minor war right now.

It's nothing new, but EU4 AE formula is bullshit, especially those gloabl Sunni coalitions. Shewa and Brunei definitely shouldn't be getting AE on me. Is it counting distance by tiles, including sea tiles as one?

Considering how aggressively I've been expanding, most of the participants are only half-heartedly in it.

I'm not worried at all - Ottomans don't know I exist, Ming doesn't care about fights between barbarians, and my real targets will get instant war declaration.

If they actually attack, they'll have serious trouble getting into India or winning on seas.


This was the war which was a step to far for my enemies
I have powerful allies in each direction so anyone fighting me will have hard time


Great Powers mode.
My borders are pretty much like modern India, except I have holes in my country
Aragon won't form Spain as Grenada survives as Morocco's OPM vassal
It's not the first time I'm seeing this problem (except generally Castile's fault)


Switching to Ming view, it's handling its crisis remarkably well for an AI
It just needs to end the rebels and crisis is over
It could literally do it by one button press - accept peasants' demands for autonomy, done.

AI is really passive about it, it will neither accept rebel demands nor fight rebels ASAP. So more rebels spawn before those are dealt with and so on.

Ming can still lose if it tries to pass third imperial reform while in the middle of the crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment