Monday, January 20, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 04: 1489-1508: Empire of Vijayanagar

Peasant War started ticking, fortunately these days game provides enough toys to get some extra manpower to deal with it. Then I had Brahmins trying to take over, but that's even easier to deal with.

I didn't have any easy targets near me, but my vassal Ghorka had a few neighbours.

Mewar broke my tranquility by calling me into their war against Delhi, for my exact claim against Delhi.
I sieged down nearly whole Delhi, but Mewar decided to take zero land, and peaced them out for just some cash. Bastards!

My diplomacy kept advancing, with previous vassals getting integrated, and Kumaon and Jaisalmer taking their place.

Finally I ran out of easy targets, so I got into a fight with Bengal with non-cobeligerent Delhi. Then with my key allies Mewar and Jaunpur in the war, I could clean up central India.

Unfortunately due to the way wars worked, with coring blocked by other wars, once it was over I had to go 178% OE. As soon as I peaced out Janpur broke our alliance, and Muslims deep into Central Asia were threatening to coalition me. Even Mamluks were over -40, and I barely started my conquests.

I got myself emperor title after that, but then my country went in flames. Everyone rebelled, my ruler died fighting some rebels getting me to -2 stability, Peasant War and Internal Conflicts kept ticking up, and I barely stopped that. Fortunately tranquillity finally returned.

I had to burn a lot of mana to dev push my new capital for Colonialism, but it's going to be a while until it spreads far enough to adopt. It was also really bad timing, as I was too low on all mana I could use to deal with my country's issues.

While my country was burning, the diplomats were busy abroad. With bribes and nice words the coalition was at least postposed. But it will happen for sure. I got myself new vassals - Assam, Ladakh, and Dhundhar.

Unfortunately my long time ally Pegu got conquered by overachieving OPM Prome. I guess it watched DDRJake and wanted to give it a go too.

I'm at 17/25 missions done. There will be more missions after I form Bharat.

Ming recovered mandate after first reform, but lost a bit of land in process, with some minors in South China becoming their tributaries.

I'd say I'm now stronger than Ming even at their full power, and they'll inevitably get into another crisis real soon now.

Meanwhile in Europe, it looks like Castile tried to get independent of Aragon, and lost that war.


It's a very impressive chain of vassals and allies going all the way from Assam to borders of Persia
It's separated from my realm my narrow band of hostile Muslim blobs - Baluchistan, Delhi, Jaunpur, and Bengal.
Jaisamer is also a disconnected vassal, but Hindu Mewar is friendly so it's fine.

I don't think I'll be able to keep Afghanistan as an ally long term, it's entangled on enemy side of the alliance chains.

I'll have to fight them soon, and I'll get coalition from Mamluks to Brunei at some point.


The Yellow Triangle is bigger every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment