Monday, February 3, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 17: 1632-1642: Conquest of Jerusalem

I was taking things slow recovering by manpower and wondering if coalition will fire or not. I got an opportunity to finally put the end to Ming's miserable existence.

I got Circassia as another vassal as I was annexing once I had. A bit later Chinese minor on Taiwan.

Oirat claim to rule over China and going Confucian backfired spectacularly - they were being overran by Sunni, Vajrayana, and Tengri zealots simultaneously, and I was wondering what would happen if rebels broke the country? Would they flip to three differenc religions at once? Also Mongol, Shun, and Ming separatings, and probably some others I didn't really notice. The rebels couldn't break the Oirats, but neither could Oirats defeat the rebels, it was just endless suffering.

Previous mandate owners Shun were doing quite poorly as well. I wonder what will happen to Chinese emperorship? Will it end up in Korean hands?

Most of the Muslim world was divided into Ottoman and Mamluk blocks, and the only thing that could potentially unite them is a grand coalition against me.

I didn't need any land from Mamluk block, but it was an easy fight that could let me prevent coalition. I grabbed all Red Sea coust, plus Mecca, Jerusalem, and some forts just because I could.

Almost as soon as we signed the peace treaty, Ottoman troops attacked the Mamluks, taking Syria and coastline all the way to Gaza.

I took a quick detour into Chinese politics, allying Min, taking some land from Shun, and bribing everyone else to disregard that.


The Ottoman-Mamluk War just ended, and they just fall out of Great Power list.

No comments:

Post a Comment