Saturday, February 22, 2020

Taiwan Is China: Part 05: 1494-1509: Colonialism

I had to conquer some Siberian tribes to get range, but I got a small settlement in Alaska, and got Colonialism in Chikuzen.

My colonies in Indonesia are really more bases for pirate operations than for any legitimate activity.

I started building network of alliances to crush Ming. Ayutthaya, Kutai, and Majapahit down South, Solon and force vassalized Nivkh up North, and 2 Siberian OPMs as tributaries to send some men and gold for the operation.

As for ideas, I'm taking exploration and religious. Third will either be administrative if I want to seize China, or maybe expansion if I want to get a lot of CNs before Europeans show up.

Ming so far doesn't seem interested in falling apart. My treasury and peasant pool are both full. Everything is ready for a second fight.
\

I got Nivkh as vassal asd Solon as ally
Ming got Oirat, and Mongolia is Oirat's vassal so in Ming's sphere indirectly


I'm testing my culture/religion spread simulation mod in this campaign
Results look natural enough you might miss what's going on, especially since coloring is by culture group not by culture

A lot of minor cultures like Silesian, Transylvanian, Leonese, and Welsh are gone.
Cultures like Lithuanian, Azerbaijani, and Prussian spread with their overlords
OPMs like Cyprus and Knights converted their peasants
Overall I really like it, except  I think it's a bit too aggressive with China, which is now almost a mono-culture

No comments:

Post a Comment