Saturday, February 22, 2020

Taiwan Is China: Part 04: 1487-1494: The First Ming War

As if fighting Ming wasn't enough, Ainu were somehow allied with Ming (and also Korea), and they were mil tech ahead of everyone else, and even had a big fleet with a heavy ship. I miss EU3 sometimes, tech differences made so much more sense back then.

So my first task was dealing with that, and by the time I defeated Ainu and annexed them, Ming managed to land their troops in Taiwan and fully occupy it.

I tried landing in Beijing, but it was a total disaster. Ming hired every peasant in China, doubled size of their army, and kept throwing the peasants at me over and over until it worked, even though it cost them a lot of warscore from battles.

Once my navy was back, I was at least winning that, and I captured a lot of Ming transport ships. So I had some way to land on Taiwan now and face their 21k side army there.

After Taiwan got liberated, whole Ming fleet sunk, I thought they'd come to their senses, but instead they just hired even more peasants and started building a new fleet. I was really exhausted by the war, so I just let them give me war reparations and some petty cash even thought I was at nearly +30% warscore, from battles, blockades, and holding wargoal.

After that I finished diploannexing my last daimyo, conquered OPM Ashikaga, and I could form Japan.


First Ming War ended up with minor victory.
A much more important conflict will be racing Portugal for Colonialism institution

No comments:

Post a Comment