Friday, February 21, 2020

Taiwan Is China: Part 03: 1460-1487: Unification of Japan

After exciting start it was time to take a break and get my country in order. There was a lot of war exhaustion to deal with, Renaissance to dev push, unhappy vassals to placate, and so on.

Initially I had 9 daimyos, but they didn't stop fighting each other just because there was a new shogun.

By the time they were the last daimyo, Hokosawa managed to get 217dev to my 210dev, a really embarassing situation.

I had a small Siberian adventure while waiting for annexations to finish. I lost half of my transports there, I didn't really expect Siberian OPMs to have 10 ships each, that's what EU4 is like after institutions.

And then Ming decided to invade me, claiming Taiwan. You so don't get it, Taiwan will take over China, China will not take over Taiwan.

Anyway, order of battle:
  • Ming - 65k, 6 lights, 15 galleys, 21 transports
  • me - 25k, 10 lights, 7 galleys, 5 transports
  • Hosokawa - 12k, 1 light, 11 galleys, 3 transports
Ming and me have mil tech 6, Hosokawa has mil tech 7, but I doubt very much they'll get involved in fighting. The problem is that my navy is split and ships engaging in totally legitimate trade in Beijing can't come home without running head first into Ming's entire navy.

I definitely cost Ming a lot of mandate, but end result was that Ming never tried any reforms - so they're still going to fight well.

If my navy survives, I'll just do a bit of naval fighting until they get tired of it and then white peace or maybe get some petty cash.


Who's the shogun again?
Once Hosokawa annexation finishes, I'll double in size, right now I'm weaker than Korea, let alone Ming, and only water saves me


I won't be taking Beijing just yet
I should have gotten some allies just for situations like this, but my piracy really annoyed basically everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment