Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 19: 1654-1662: Great Ottoman War

I spent far more money and favors than it could possibly be worth to get Commonwealth and Venice to join me - 2500 gold gift to Commonwealth, and 1000 gold influence plus prepare for war plus promise land to Venice.

Our advantage was overwhelming, at least in theory. 480k troops and 370 ships vs 245k troops and 150 ships, alll while Ottomans were busy fighting Hungary, France, Sweden and friends at the same time.

Most of the ships started on the wrong side, and I didn't know anything about any "Cape" place.
Commonwealth got itself involved in some big HRE punitive war, so it was of little use. Venice was a bit better, as they narrowly won a big naval battle in Gulf of Venice, and distracted some Ottoman troops.

My plan was to rush forts in Syria and Iraq before Ottomans showed up from their Hungarian war. This way I could actually keep my armies together instead of being separated by distance and zones of control and vulnerable individually. Ottomans showed up quite fast, but narrowly lost one battle in Syria.

Then they were undecided what to do. Unfortunately my allies cost me some warscore, so Ottomans only gave me 100% when I walked around the Black Sea and sacked Constantinople. As plan B I stole and bought maps of route around Africa, but it was unnecessary.

The peace was punitive, creating two Ottoman enclaves fully enclosed by my land and stripping them of all the forts.

After that all that was left was quick Ajam cleanup war, and all the missions are done. Not counting Industrialize Bengal which requires pointlessly waiting another 60 years. Good game, might play another one soon.


Meanwhile, Aragon was dying to rebels so hard, Castile spawned from them.


Ottomans used to have very extensive alliance network, which I gradually dismantled in those peripheral wars.


That's a second 60k stack Ottomans sent before my armies could connect. It got stack wiped.


Disconnected Ottoman enclaves in my territory. Deal of the 17th Century

No comments:

Post a Comment