Saturday, February 22, 2020

Taiwan Is China: Part 06: 1509-1518: The Second Ming War

It was time for a Ming showdown on my terms.

First I started war with thier tributary Malacca, supported by Kedah, Lan Xang, and Ming. Bengal was their ally, but didn't join as it was part of coalition war against Jaunpur. Jaunpur was winning.

The goal of this was to get Ayutthaa out of Ming's sphere on day one.

Then I started a separate war against Korea, which Ming couldn't protect as it was too busy. The goal is to completely obliterate them.

Order of battle, their side:
  • Ming - 86k, 47 ships
  • Korea - 25k, 34 ships
  • Malacca - 12k, 19 ships
  • Kedah  - 8k, 12 ships
  • Lan Xag - 4k, 6 ships
  • Total - 135k, 118 ships
Our side:
  • Japan - 38k, 64 ships
  • Ayutthaya - 19k, 13 ships
  • Majapahit - 12k, 25 ships
  • Nivkh - 1k, 9 ships
  • Total - 70k, 111 ships
So they outnumber us on land 2:1, but on seas it's about even.

Ming didn't fall for "this is completely unrelated war" and sent their troops to Korea.

They had plenty of troops to spare to join the Ayutthaya gangbang - something I could only help indirectly with my navy. I felt sorry for Ayutthaya so I gave them half of Kedah in a peace deal.

Ayutthaya got separate peaced and had to give that province back - as well as 4 more provinces to Lan Xang. I tried.

I nearly 100%ed Korea, even getting border with Ming. And border means Take Mandate of Heaven CB.

After that I tried to send my troops to Malacca, but Ming was there. And in Korea. And in China. It's crazy how many peasants they have to throw at me. I had to settle for a white peace.

My heirs were all awful so I always gave them early life swimming lessons. This finally paid off, as I got a 5/5/6 daughter by event, who became shoguness in 1516 at age of 16, without any shenanigans. If you reroll enough times, RNG will eventually be on your side. She's just my third ruler, first two were about average.

Ming figured out the weakness in my alliance network, raised an army of 140k peasants, and declared war on my ally Solon. I could either defend them in what's a hopeless war deep inland on Ming's terms, where my naval strength is completely meaningless, or refuse and lose reputation and an ally. Well, you got me here Ming. But I'll get you later.


Ming took quantity ideas, because it obviously didn't have enough peasants, so now our land force ratio is a lot worse than before
And they're at 88 mandate and growing in spite of my raiding - but it definitely made a difference as they passed 0 reforms instead of the usual 2 by end of first age
I really hope AI presses that reform button, and then they'll fall apart on their own

No comments:

Post a Comment