Sunday, February 23, 2020

Taiwan Is China: Part 08: 1538-1552: Finally a Mingsplosion

Ming just refused to collapse. OPM Changsheng seceded, but that was about it. I think they're helped a lot by my culture/religion spread simulation mod.

My Indonesian allies kept calling me into silly wars. I obliged, sent some ships over, but generally avoided sending any troops.


Fun way to pass time. I keep making strong alliances so I can accumulate AE with impunity, but so far only Ming and Korea are bothered by my expansion

I got gold mine by event, and dev pushed it a bit. That's 14 gold a month, I thought it wouldn't matter a huge deal by mid-game, but it's not nothing.

That reminded me - Ming has a gold mine too. And I got event that spawned a third. If I was better prepared, I'd be dev pushing those provinces for institutions. Oh well.

In another Ming war, they just gave up halfway and disbanded their whole army. I disbanded their navy for them. After paying war reparations they went bankrupt.

Just as I was coring Ming land, my ally Lan Na tried to get me into a war against Lan Xang protected by Ming. That would be fine, except for the annoying "can't core while at war with someone who has core on the province" mechanic. To be honest I don't really see the point of it - probably fixed some exploit in old patch, for all I know maybe even pre-EU4.


Lan Na just casually attacking Ming and winning

Lan Na was completely unmoved by my betrayal, managed to extort 910 gold and war reparations from separate peacing Ming, then it beat up everybody else in war, with only truce standing between them and coalition war.

Then my tributary Udege attacked Korea protected by Ming. I was a bit surprised that Ming took them. Turns out having loans is a huge penalty to accepting call to arms - but being in bankruptcy apparently has no penalty. Paradox logic.

Well, so I attacked Korea, Ming joined because there are no penalties due to being bankrupt - but they separate white peaced day 1 because there's a lot of penalties for the sorry state their country is in. Paradox logic again.

Yue and Wu finally spawned in 1549, costing Ming the whole coastline. And in 1552 Shun spawned, declaring war for Mandate of Heaven on Ming.




I thought Ming collapse would happen a few decade sooner
Oh well, not like I have paper mana to core it

No comments:

Post a Comment