Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Vijayanagar: Part 18: 1642-1654: Preparing for the Great Ottoman War

I continued small wars in Central Asia, Persia, and Africa. It didn't seem like I'm doing much, but Ottoman's extensive network of alliances was being dismantled one Third World country at a time.

Oirat China fell apart, with only half of it remaining under Oirat rule. They have no chance of recovery, and Russia is already eating into lands that got independence from the Oirats.

Great Britain got exiled to Africa as a 4dev OPM.

After me and Ottomans wrecked the Mamluks, Aragon took over Mamluk Egyptian coast, completely landlocking them.

Then in one more war I reduced them into a bunch of camel herders in faraway desert.

Other than my army being busy fighting rebels, Cape still not being discovered so I can't sail anyone to Europe, and the fact that none of my allies would join me, I'm pretty much ready for the Great War against the Ottomans.

That plus Ajam cleanup operation will be a fitting conclusion of the campaign.


It is time.
I didn't rush it, since I still need to wait 1661 for Ajam truce. 7 years for Great Ottoman War sounds about right

Aragon is generally overperforming but it can't form Spain, as Granada is independent OPM allied with Ottomans. It also looks like Aragon is suffering some severe rebel problems including Castilian rebels.

China is completely wrecked, I'm allied with Oirats, Min, and Japan there, but maybe I should drop the Oirats. I warned Russia just in case, but they have plenty of targets to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment