Friday, June 4, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 13: 1064-1068: Wang Niran of the Guangxi Kingdom

There was a war I was in the middle of losing as I sent my troops to fight the Incas. Once I got my troops there, it was an easy win, but I caught Camp Fever, and at this age it was likely to be fatal.

Fortunately my court physician treated me enough to give me a few more years - and that was my oldest daughter. She did not want to marry anyone, and preferred life devoted to the faith, so I gave her a temple duchy taken from the Hindu infidels. Unfortunately the heathen peasants she tried to enlighten murdered her. The Buddhist faith is not doing too well.

Mongols of Mongolia attacked Mongols of Japan and won. As both titles had different inheritance laws, I sent bags of gold up there, to help that inheritance happen earlier. The more Mongols fight each other, then less they'll bother us. Japanese Mongols instantly got into trouble with both peasants and their Japanese vassals. Hopefully their whole horde falls apart.

My lands were still in 9 disconnected parts. It wasn't quite that bad as it was mostly coastline with small gaps, but I started a few fights to reduce the border gore. Without good CBs and with very scattered land it's going to take very long time.

Inca Emperor was depressed after losing his first invasion, and at first he focused on conquering remaining pagan minors on the Southern Islands. Then he died, and his baby son attacked us again for Java. Damn, I did not recover from the previous war yet.

I couldn't even join the war, I was dealing with my unruly vassals, and in the end I died of camp fever. The Second Inca Invasion so far has been a stalemate, but our troops reinforce while theirs don't, so it seems unlikely that they could win, even without my help. Incas have only 40k event troops left, and Mongols just 12k, so I'm not really too worried.

Wang Aroon was succeeded by his son Niran with an Arab concubine. Niran, 18, is a Grey Eminence, Genius, Patient, Envious, Temperate, Just, Cruel, and Possessed. At 18/13/22/21/16, he's a very formidable character. Buddhists get ambitions to reject their bad traits, so he'll probably get even better.

It was a pretty smooth succession. As usual, if I can pick my successor, I pick youngest adult son, as I don't like a 45 year old inheriting and only ruling for a few years.

The Guangxi Kingdom consists of 5 bigger areas and 3 random counties. I'd like it to cover the whole coastline from Malaya to Korea.


No comments:

Post a Comment