Sunday, June 13, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 18: 1110-1120: Emperor Niran of Dai China

First there was my puppet emperor's Mongol war I needed to finish, and all the usual busywork of succession.

I was bored with monk society, and interestingly there was a Shia character in my court somehow, so I joined the Assassins and became secretly Shia.

As part of initiation, they made me kill my uncle, which I was totally fine with.

Somehow I inherited a duchy in Japan, which makes some sense as there's some degree of intermarriage ongoing, a duchy on India's borders, which also makes sense as it's family connection, and also a county in Greece, which is completely baffling. Exclave independence game rule will make them independent on succession, so I don't really need to care.

I found out a way to deal with the Incas - they had vassal king of Maynila, and I found a claimant whose claim I pressed - making Maynila independent, and Inca Empire shrunk by a third.

I controlled 50% of China, so it was really time to decide - become claimant emperor to China, or get my own empire.

The main downside of becoming emperor of China is annoying government type which does not allow revoking infidels, and removes holy wars - not like I had that many as Buddhist, but I had them against Incas.

But in the end I declared myself emperor of China in 1115 as it was my only chance to experience mod's content for it. I chose Dai as my imperial name.

This unlocked decent CBs inside China - I got duchy CBs almost for free, and for ridiculous price of 1000 karma and 5000 prestige I could even get a kingdom CB, sometimes.

And Assassins gave me modest murder plot chance bonus, so I could reset those truce timers more easily.

There were no special events, but by 1120 I got enough China to be able to declare myself real emperor of all de jure China. It was a bit premature, as I only controlled about 60% of it, but with truces being reset by assassinations so often.

And I got my first flavor event right away, some distant ruler sent me a commander as tribute, except that commander wasn't much good, so I gave him to my vassal. Still, it's a start.

Assassins also have very little flavor so far, just endless "assassinate this guy" missions, and some plotting bonuses as reward. It's totally all right for power level, but less interesting than I hoped for.


North China is still not pacified
Mongols and Incas are still not destroyed

No comments:

Post a Comment