Sunday, June 13, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 19: 1120-1134: One China

I still had 40% of China to liberate, two pretenders to overthrow, and Mongols to push back into the steppe.

Foreign rules kept sending me commanders, eunuchs, physicians, and artifacts. It was honestly unbearable span, and it was tedious to even check their stats - mostly mediocre. A few sent me some gold and that was the best tribute.

Some even asked to be my tributary. Because of that county in Greece my vassal accidentally inherited, I even got some tributaries in Greece. Now one might argue that's an argument to turn on diplomatic interaction range in game rules, but that causes more problems than it solves.

Damn Buddhist king of Maynila I installed went Hindu. Barbarians of Mindanao, after endless tries, finally managed to win their independence from the Inca menace.

Somehow a Sunni revolt took Java from the Incas, even though there shouldn't really be any Sunnis there in the first place.

I had a chance to use kingdom-level CB against Song at cost of 5000 prestige and 1000 karma, but really I'm not sure it was worth it, as now I'm stuck with a vassal king.

I got so crazy good at assassinating people it was like playing with 1 year truce timers.

I was one county away from eliminating the last pretender to Chinese throne, when my vassal grabbed his title and took his lands there. Fortunately that just meant one extra war, and all the claimants were gone. And with that, China was 96% mine.

There were still 7 counties held by Mongols, 1 county by a duke who'd love to be my vassal, but he'd need to be at peace first, and 1 county by my cousin who somehow became a duke under Japanese king. All not worth prolonging campaign for.

I never actually had a war against Greater Pegu republic, but it kept shedding land to independence factions, and I usually managed to convince those rulers to join me instead with minor bribery. This way I even got Borobudur Temple on Java. At current rate they won't have anything beyond their capital in 100 years.

I'm plotting to kill grand master of Assassins as I'm next in line, but that might take a while. This plot is why I didn't kill the next Mongol khagan to reset truce timer and got those land few counties.

Vassals mostly like me, at least there aren't any serious factions, and if there were, I'd crush them.

Incas are barely hanging on. Mongols are doing a bit better, and even managed to win some battles against me, but really, they can't face unified China.

And with that I'll end the campaign. I think that's about all I wanted to do with Tianxia mod.

I'm not sure if I'll come back to CK2, as I played thousands of hours of this game, and CK3 has been out for a while, and supposedly it's decent. And there are so many other games to try.


More powerful than any historical China ever was, and with ridiculously good personal traits.
From this point on I could do easy world conquest (or at least India, Tibet, and Japan conquest) using vassal king claimants, but this is rather tedious and not very challenging.


Buddhism is very difficult to spread due to very low religious authority (unless you play in India and go on a holy site conquering spree), but we did pretty well.
Monk society was definitely helpful - and I only really used it because Buddhists don't have far superior Hermetics (or Satanists, or Warriors, or anything except Monks).


Culture spread in CK2 is really slow, but Shan culture spread to a lot of random places including my  Chinese capital on far North edge of this map

Meanwhile in Europe it's a huge Catholic vs Sunni war. Catholics got Egypt and Jerusalem, but Sunnis managed to sold onto Spain. Latin Empire was huge for a while, but got kicked back to just North Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment