Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 16: 1087-1101: Battle for Sumatra

There were still some Chinese Empire claimants left - Wu and Song, as well as Korean Qin which used to claim the Dragon Throne, but then went African Pagan, which is apparently too much for the racist Chinese people.

I let them play their silly games in exchange for some gold. My tributaries were stretching from straits of Malaya to Korea.

But why stop there? My Japanese nephew with 30k troops declared invasion on me, which reminded me of Mongol occupation of Japan, so I found a Japanese regional kingdom claimant, and declared war on Mongols on part of Japan that was under Mongol rule for now. It's really chaos over there with two Mongol khagans, and multiple vassal and independent Japanese feudal rulers, maybe they'll liberate themselves someday with my occasional help.

I felt unusually generous with my nephew and even gave him a county after I crushed his silly invasion. He died of leprosy soon anyway. What a sad life.

Incas occupied everything East of Sumatra except Temple of Borobudur itself, so I extended my protection to parts of Sumatra to stop them, and then I holy warred one duchy on West Java.

Unfortunately Inca CBs can teleport across multiple duchies, and they CBed and conquered some minors on Central Sumatra, even though it's a very long walk. So the idea of containment failed.

I had to fight another war on Sumatra against them just to defend my tributary - on paper I had more troops, but tributary was just 2 counties, so they could quickly assault and 100% that war unless I split my armies to defend both counties, and with jungles and rivers everywhere it was hard to get a good battle, overall quite an awkward fight.

Somehow Umayyads from Spain - Han culture, Taoist dynasty, but still Sayyid - got installed on one of Chinese pretender kingdoms by faction demand. That's crazy. Also annoying as that breaks tributary relation I had with previous dynasty.

I took one coastal duchy from the Umayyads all the way across Mongols - maybe I should begin pushing Mongols back into the steppe? The blue Mongolian Mongols that is, I'm actually on good terms with purple Japanese Mongols. It's all quite complicated.

I also started building Grand University in my capital - it's a shame that a realm as big as mine has no Great Works.


The Mongols and the Incas might have lost their event troops, but they still have regular troops, and all their broken CBs. I really ought to eradicate them both, but with my CBs being duchy at time, I don't really see how.

No comments:

Post a Comment