Monday, June 7, 2021

Tianxia Hsenwi: Part 15: 1073-1087: New Royal Capital

The Republic of Greater Pegu came back under my family's rule, but we didn't want to fight each other again. We got into some silly fights anyway, as our allied and tributary minors fought, but we both just pretended to get involved, and didn't have any real battles.

And later my family lost it again. They have such obscene amount of wealth, they could bribe the electors so much they'd elect a baby or even a woman, but they're clearly too incompetent or too stingy to do so.

I controlled 39/230 counties of China - and rapidly growing from there, and I could have definitely declared myself Emperor of China, like so many others (currently Han, Chu, Song, and Zhou), but it was really premature. For now I was just opportunistically grabbing coastal land to connect my realm into one nice coastline with good font on the map.

Three highest technology cities were Pegu (my capital before character switch), Hangzhou (in East China), and Lavapura (my capital since character switch).

As Hangzhou was just on my borders, I needed to conquer it for myself, and move my capital there. Having capital that far North and on the border is not great, as it's exposed to every Mongol raider and every enemy army, and it even got sieged a few times and sacked once, but it will get better once I conquer some lands around it.

I struggled a lot with cruelty, and the monk society very much did not appreciate that, but I finally got over it. Meanwhile I became a possessed lunatic while on a pilgrimage, but apparently monks have no problem with that. I really need to reach the top rank so monks give me the magic power of insta-converting infidel provinces.

After decade of casual fighting, I nearly connected my lands - only one duchy is slightly disconnected with Greater Pegu's county between us. That's close enough.


Proclaiming myself Emperor of China is increasingly tempting, but there are other things I could do instead. It would definitely help if I understood mod's "Mandate of Heaven" system to know if I should.

I'm also very annoyed that infidels hold 4/5 of our holy sites, but going for India from here would be such an enormous detour. Destroying the Incas is also tempting.

Japan is a really chaotic story, many local kings, Mongol Emperor, second Mongol Emperor, and Korean Qin Emperor all fighting for control, it just keeps breaking down and reforming. 

No comments:

Post a Comment