Sunday, September 6, 2020

Bohemian Empire: Part 08: 1535-1544: Victory of the Hussite League

The HRE was a mess, with 21 Catholic, 17 Hussite, 9 Protestant, and 8 Reformed princes, including 3 Catholic, 3 Hussite, and 1 Protestant electors, 25 provinces under non-imperial control, OPM emperor Burgundy who was forced to revoke second reform, and Bohemian control over Brandenburg still not recognized.

I pressed Abandon Personal Union button for the first time in my life and got rid of Cilli. 16dev OPM PU is not worth that diplo slot.

Then I started picking fights with HRE minors, and converting them. I declared myself Defender of the Hussite Faith.

I was trying my best to start Hussite League, but Emperor did it first - one of electors got annexed, and Emperor just proclaimed some Hussite OPM as replacement, so now we're in majority of 5.

I tried to join Hussite League, and then I discovered you cannot become League leader if you're in consort regency. EU4 has so many of those tiny rules you won't run into in 100 campaigns. Well it was just a few years' wait.

The Leagues were small:

  • Hussite League - Bohemia, 13 HRE minors, none of my allies were interested
  • Catholic League - Emperor OPM Burgundy, Spain, Portugal, 3 HRE minors, some Emperor's minor allies, and Genoa's trade league as Emperor as also minor member of a trade league, first time I'm seeing such an embarrassing performance

Austria decided to join halfway through the war. The war wasn't too difficult. Spain had naval superiority, but it couldn't control the whole sea at once, so it didn't do them much good. After all the minors were defeated, everyone invaded Spain, and their mountain forts were not enough to stop us.

I became the Emperor but the Empire was a mess. I granted 2 missing Free Cities. And then I had to subjugate Saxony, and eat all the resulting AE.

And then I discovered the mission tree was all lies, and the "legitimate vassal elector" thing tooltip promises is not true at all - it applies to elector votes, but vassal electors are still bleeding imperial authority like crazy. Never mind then, I consoled changed Brandenburg and Saxony from vassals into PU subjects. That was on the original dropdown, the tooltip just lied that other options are even remotely reasonable.

And The Empire is still a mess. 24 heretics, and 22 provinces occupied by foreigners (France, Denmark, Provence, and technically Poland), 0 IA (with big negative ticking), and only 1 reform passed. I have a lot of work to do.

That's the Empire as I received it. Full of Frenchmen and heretics and worse. A lot of work to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment