Thursday, September 3, 2020

Bohemian Empire: Part 04: 1484-1491: Revenge for Varna

It is time to slay the Turk. Since Varna they took Constantinople, conquered nearly all Balkans not under my protection, and just won their first war against the Mamluks.

Between mine, Austrian, and Polish realms, we outnumbered them on land 161k to 82k, while 29 to 79 ships being far behind on sea. Just in case I hired some extra mercenaries.

The Turks definitely took advantage of their naval superiority, forcing our superior armies to walk around the Black Sea. Still, they were facing double their numbers. I hope the Mamluks get their revenge as well, and remove the Turk from Eastern Anatolia.


Three Great Powers vs one is good fun.
Unfortunately Turk naval supremacy will be a problem in the next war as well.

Thanks to -20% province cost discount from age ability, and -10% from Hussite power, I was able to return every Serbian and Byzantine core except Constantinople itself. And I took one Bulgarian province plus some cash for my trouble.

Since I had so many mercenary companies around already, I took Wallachian lands under my protection as well.



This war kicked the Turks from the strongest power in known world and menace for Christians and infidels alike into secondary power one good war away from falling apart completely.
I'll do my part to destroy what's left of them. I hope Mamluks do theirs.

By HRE event, my junior parter Hungary asked to join HRE, and was admitted. That's 11 Hussite and 56 Catholic princes mix. I gave up on the Hesse idea, and now I'm trying to make Palatinate elected, but that's also not going too well.

Poland got PU over HRE OPM Cilli, Provence got PU over Holland, and England inherited Cleves.

No comments:

Post a Comment