Thursday, April 9, 2020

Habsburg Megacampaign: Part 35: 1322-1328: Zhou Invasion of Habsburg Britannia

The Pope decided to declare Crusade for Khazaria. That sort of makes sense as that's the last Sunni state and quite big, it's also basically one big pasture very difficult to hold for any feudal lord.

Song China won another civil war, but remnants fled West and atttacked Britannia and specifically its Indian holdings. Britannia was suffering under so many heretic rebellions, it couldn't properly defend its Indian holdings.

Zhou Empire was declared over Britain, Scandinavia, and half of India, overthrowing my Habsburg kinsman. I couldn't tolerate that, and fortunately I had some favors with the Song, so it wasn't too much effort to convince them to finish the job and crush their rebels.

I had a lot of troops doing nothing, so I decided to help. And since it was really long way for Chinese troops to get there, I ended up doing all the fighting while China only provided the best CB in game.


Zhou Empire has really pretty color
For all I know it would fall apart in no time due to religious and cultural issues with its vassals


The aftermath in Europe
Zhou Emperor now demoted to a duke controls a good chunk of Scandinavia
The only remnants of Habsburg rule outside New Rome are Georgia and OPM Kavlevan is Estonia - both with non-dynastic heirs

Plenty of non-dynastic relatives though, like my nephew rules Germany, my cousin Castille


The aftermath in India
Maharastra is still Habsburg, as are Orissa, Bengal, and a few of the newly independent duchies

No comments:

Post a Comment