Friday, June 28, 2019

Iron Century Piasts: Part 12: 1061-1071: Empire of the Romans

My grandfather Pothos was the rightful emperor of the Romans. It was time to press his claim. I already have an empire, but my aunt deserves one as well.

My great-grandfather was Satan himself, but since Satan is immortal, there will never be any claim from that.

Conquest of Rome

Even though my aunt's claim was somewhat distant, Rome was already in state of civil war, so I pressed her claim.

It wasn't too hard to defeat the Romans. Her primary title as queen of Wallachia going with her was fine, but I'm seriously annoyed that she somehow inherited Novgorod and random duchy on coast of Norway, creating massive bordergore.

She soon got herself a huge revolt against her rule, and I had to help her.

My aunt Empress of the Romans died of camp fever. As high priest I pronounced her a saint.

She was succeeded by my cousin Zwinslawa, who married my father Sambor after my mother died.

Failed Conversion of Bulgaria

My ploy to get Slavic prince inherit Bulgaria succeeded without any bloodshed. It only took a few months before he managed to get his vassals revolt over some revocation, and Bulgaria is back in Orthodox hands.

Conquest of Serbia

I got young queen of Serbia betrothed to my cousin, so my family could inherit that throne. Sadly faction demand spoiled those plans.

I tried to deal with these problems discreetly, but Serbian queen falsely claimed that I attempted to murder her. I had to intervene, taking Serbian crown for myself, and giving my cousin and his Serbian wife a duchy each.

All revoked land was given to my family members.

Conquest of Germany

Slavic khan of Germany got overthrown, but his vassals installed his Tengri son instead - married to a Sunni woman. Unfortunately it wasn't to last long, and Germans installed a Catholic king soon after. Still, he only ruled about half of Germany.

Well, former khagan and former king Blush was still very much claiming to be the rightful ruler of Germany, and his unfaithful vassals needed to be punished. This time I kept him as a vassal, and once kings of the Germans was my vassals, I pushed on to unite scattered pieces of Germany.

There were some rebellions on the way too, but in the end, nothing was left of old German aristocracy other than duchy of Mecklenburg which somehow converted to Slavic faith at the right time.

Meanwhile in Aquitaine

Queen Pernette of Aquitaine is married to my brother Szczesny, duke of Bavaria. There's just one small problem that they aren't making any babies.

Personal Matters

Continuing family tradition, I slayed one of the Old God.

After that I went on a seduction spree, with many duchesses bearing my bastards.

I made Serene Republic of Venice my tributary, but then peasant revolt overthrew the whole system over there.

There's been endless raids by Germanic hosts, which is surprising as this religion is basically dead in the open, and really just something our family practices in secret for the sake of it.

To the North-East, there's been very successful missionary activities, and most of those countries are Slavic now.

This realm is long overdue for division now, I was just too busy to do this
Piast sphere of influence now covers almost all of Europe from Barcelona and Brittany to Perm and Caucasus

No comments:

Post a Comment