Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Iron Century Piasts: Part 01: 936-953: Ancestors of Mieszko Piast

New bookmark just came out, and it's been a while since I last played CK2, so it is time!

I enabled a lot of mods because why not. Quite a few are UI only or probably won't affect game much, but they were just lying around in the mod folder and didn't seem to conflict with anything.


  • Anime Portraits
  • Bastards
  • Bigger Interface
  • BlueDuke
  • Claim Sayyid
  • DLC music for every culture!
  • Dr Gonzo's Republics Mod
  • Fitna Fracture
  • Fixed Smith Prices
  • Interface: Century Gothic
  • More Council Members 0.1
  • Mend the Eastern Schisms
  • No Artifact Losing
  • No Lowborn MOD
  • Notify on Adulthood
  • Orange Ransom Button
  • Prisoner Marriage
  • Random Hordes
  • Release Vassal as Tributary
  • Same Gender Succession
  • Show Council
  • Six Doctrines with Reformation
  • Suez Canal
  • Surrender Independence
  • The Great Trade League
  • Title Info
  • Unlimited Focus


I didn't enable any of my usual minimods, as I don't even know which are necessary these days, but I might change things later.

I'm also using game rules quite aggressively, interesting ones:


  • more epidemics, rare non-epidemic diseases
  • harsh exclave independence
  • unrestricted raiding
  • open interfaith marriages and court invitations
  • no prisoner release after punishment
  • no vassal limit


Six Doctrines with Reformation sounds overpowered, as you get 4 extra doctrines, but most doctrines are such garbage you wouldn't pick them ever otherwise.

Lestek Piast, High Chief of Greater Poland



Fresh bookmark, it's not all that different from other bookmarks.
It's very questionable what they decided to make feudal vs tribal in Central Europe.

High Chief Lestek Piast is 56, so not long for this world. He has son Siemomysl, grandson Mieszko (who'd in another timeline would unite Poland), and granddaughter Adleta. We're not reformed to use Divine Marriage yet, so I can't betroth Mieszko and Adleta, so instead:


  • myself - sister of duke of Bohemia
  • Siemomysl - sister of king of Germany
  • Mieszko - daughter of king of Germany
  • Adleta - son of king of Hungary


After that I changed succession law from agnatic to agnatic-cognatic, picked Perun got of war as my patron deity, joined warrior society, and got wounded in two consecutive duels, and started subjugating nearby Polish tribes.

Hungary flipped from Tengri to Catholic, thanks to mission sent by Venice.

I did some raiding as I was extremely poor. While raiding I fought another duel, won, but got infected wound, and died at age of 60, without getting far in the dream of becoming king of Poland.

Siemomysl Piast, High Chief of Greater Poland, Lesser Poland, Silesia, and Mazovia




That was a very short reign, I was about to press create kingdom title button once I'd finish those two quick wars.
Meanwhile Otto in Germany getting overthrown.

As Siemomysl I inherited a lot of money, and two minor border skirmishes. As for other inheritance, I took my father's wife, princess of Bohemia, as concubine. My father could have created kingdom of Poland, but he tad too many angry vassals. I lacked required piety.

In May 941 I got crowned king of Poland. I wanted to reform Slavic religion before it gets overran by Catholics, so I attacked still Norse Denmark for holy site on Rugen island. I already had one in Mazovia. Getting third will be really hard, but I could still fight Romuva minors for some free real estate.

One of my vassals went Catholic, but he died under suspicious circumstances. It's obviously Gods punishing him for it.

I betrothed my two daughters to younger son of emperor of Bulgaria, and heir to Jewish Khazaria.

I did some seducing, got a bastard, but husband has no idea. I gave the boy some land, his father is probably completely confused why.

My son wasn't making any babies, so I met his wife by the stream and helped them a bit. Unfortunately Luitgard was a filthy German Catholic, and she told a priest, and it was all revealed that Siemomysl is not Mieszko's son.

I made a few bastards. Unfortunately my wife cucked me too. Morals were very loose all over the realm. At least the bastard was just a girl, nobody even really cares about those.

Unfortunately due to Khazaria's politics, Adleta's fiance ended up far outside line of succession, so I had to break that arrangement. I married her to king of Navarra instead.

I had some China related event, and even managed to get 1000 grace, but then Jurchens conquered China resetting it all.

Oh and there's one more complication. It turns out various Norsemen subjugated most minors on Baltic coast. I thought harsh exclave independence game rule would split that on succession, and I even convinced Danes to dispose of their king. It turns out it's really generous with naval paths. I can fight them, it's just a huge hassle.

First gavelkind succession



 
At least my father had decency of not legitimizing any of his bastards.
Two of them got a county each, but are not in line of succession.

King Siemomysl died at age of 53. His realm split between his sons Mieszko who got Poland and Lestek who got automatically created Lithuania.

Mieszko, king of Poland, is a 31 year old 20/13/10/11/12. Grey eminence, quick, shrewd, content, arbitrary, greedy, trusting, humble.

Lestek, king of Lithuania, is a 2 year old 0/1/0/0/0, with zero traits yet.

Perhaps I should roll a gavelkind roulette here.

No comments:

Post a Comment