Sunday, June 16, 2019

Iron Century Piasts: Part 08: 1024-1029: Great Reunification

I summoned an Old God, and killed him by ramming him with a longboat. Godslayer +3 martial, +2 intrigue, +13 personal combat skill.

I almost inherited Ruthenia and Novgorod, but its dying king managed to convince the elders to give it to his son Wielislaw instead of me. Wielislaw was also my half brother, as my mother and my cousin married... I think the Piast family tree reached the point where only the most learned understand what's going on.

I seriously did not feel like spending rest of my life defending him from Khazars, fortunately stray arrow shot by a lone bowman acting without anyone's knowledge ended his life, and I inherited those thrones.

Empress of Rus



Southern borders of Ruthenia were suffering from constant Pecheneg and Khazar raids.

The only meaningful long term solution was to support conversion from tribal to feudal.

On 23 December 1018, I crowned myself empress of Rus.

Just two months later my cousin died of injuries, and to my surprise I've been informed I inherited Poland, Bohemia, and position as high priestess of Perun - in addition to already being high priestess of Chernobog by right of being Satan's daughter. I didn't even know I became an heir, he was doing his best to get his child elected.

This gave me the greatest empire in the world, even if it's largely backwards tribal land, about evenly split between Polish and Russian vassals.

I'm a 29/28/22/42/32 genius, daughter of Satan, direct descendant of Perun, slayer of an Old God, the Warrior Philosopher, and overall the most amazing person in history of creation.

But for lesser men and women, this much land will be too much to handle. It's far better if I divide it myself instead of letting my children fight between each other.

My grandfather Mieszko did the right thing dividing realm between 4 his children. At just 48 years of age, I still have plenty of time ahead of me.


I didn't attack anyone to get those lands back together, the elders just gave it all to me.
Germans and Khazars would still be challenging to fight, and even more so if the realm divides on succession. At least there are no crusades or jihads yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment