Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Italy Megacampaign: Part 18: 1656-1668: Is It Time?

I took enormous loan for 5000 to adopt manufactories pretty much as soon as possible.

I got screwed by the new mechanics. Corruption from too many territories forced me to make more states. Which forced me to give more provinces seats in parliament. Which then destroyed what little absolutism I had. Which all resulted in a lot higher coring cost, and corruption. And so on.

There's not too much too do. There's a few natives left, but really it's mostly over. So I'd just slowly repay my debts, culture convert, and settle what's left unsettled. Not terribly exciting.

However, I just have a rare opportunity. Burgundy just rivaled Italy, and they'd support my independence. If I wait, they'll form the HRE and that will cost them a lot of power.

For an awkward complication, Spain allied Italy back, and they have basically all their armies standing just next to me. I'm also mil tech 19 to everyone else's 21, and that means poor tactics. My armies are generally bad.

So it's either now - basically hoping that Burgundy will invade Italy while all their armies are here. Or waiting very long time until I've grown sufficiently myself to fight Italy.

I'm even tempted to hire all the mercs now, fight to the death, and if it's too much money, I might even just go bankrupt. I probably won't need to, I'll have tons of money after Italy is no longer leaching my trade.


If it wasn't for Ferdinandia, it would look very sensible


It's a very impressive Commonwealth. Denmark might still revert Swedish War of Independence.
Egypt and Jerusalem doing a lot better than I hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment