Sunday, February 24, 2019

Italy Megacampaign: Part 14: 1598-1600: South Tirol War

I didn't want to break my alliance with the Commonwealth, so I distracted them with Genoa war. Then I attacked Austria for the last remaining Italian clay. White I was at it, I grabbed the last two provinces in Venice node too.

Global trade spawned understandably in Venice.

Well, that ends what I'm going to do with Italy, and it's time to tag switch! But first, here's all colonial nations:

  • New Venice Islands - Italian CN in Caribbean, 98dev
  • New Italy - Italian CN in East Coast, 81dev
  • Italian Brazil - Italian CN in Brazil, 61dev
  • Ferdinandia, Italian CN in Louisiana, 35dev
  • Castilian West Indies - Spanish CN in Caribbean, 120dev
  • New Spain - Spanish CN in Mexico, 41dev
  • Spanish Brazil - Spanish CN in Brazil, 35dev
  • French La Plata - French CN in La Plata, 52dev
  • Norway colonized 4 provinces in Canada, but not enough to spawn a CN
  • Exiled OPM Portugal grew to 4 province in Brazil
  • Province, Holland, Frisland, Great Britain, and Ormond all started colonizing Caribbean
  • Burgundy and Denmark are wasting their colonists on increasing development

And trade companies' province trade power share:

  • West Africa - Italy 81%, Spain 14%, France 5%
  • South Africa - Italy 91%, Spain 3%, France 6% (there are no natives there, just trade companies and wasteland)
  • East Africa - Italy 7%, Spain 1%
  • West India - Spain 1%
  • Coromandel - Spain 1%
  • East India - Italy 6%
  • Indonesia - Italy 14%, Spain 1%
  • Moluccas - Italy 34%

Before I tag switch I'll need to do a few more things - grant independence to Egypt, Jerusalem, and Fezzan, make Egypt and Jerusalem kingdoms, ally all of them together, and add a ton of trust and favors. I'll also need to max out mutual trust between Italy, Spain, and Commonwealth, or else they'll rival each other in a week.

And since I'm switching to a new country, I'm going to reset their ideas to expansion, exploration, religious, administrative. I don't think I'll need to do any other adjustments.

Italy will have 220 years to fuck up. Many things can happen. I'd just prefer if they didn't derail the story in next week.

 Just one more war and all rightful Italian clay is unified.

Great Powers with terra incognita disabled
By actual power Burgundy is ahead of France and Britain as long as it keeps emperorship, which is rather unclear, Palatinate and Austria are both competitive

Renaissance and Colonialism are barely reaching India, and there's nice big tech gradient.
It feels both excessive and historically accurate.
There's plenty of space in New World, but very little African coastline left, so road to India might be closed for newcomers.

No comments:

Post a Comment