Sunday, February 10, 2019

Italy Megacampaign: Part 03: 1468-1483: Second Turkish War

Tlemcen attacked Tunis, and Ottomans dishonored their alliance, so it would be a shame not to join that fight, even with my still very weak army. It's all worthless heathen land, but those ports bring me ever closer to riches of India. Also those bastards keep raiding my coasts, and that's punishable by removal from the map.

Mamluks called me and Candar into war against the Turks, promising land. The war featured Tlemcen, Bohemia, and Crimea on the Turk side. As well as crazy number of rebels. It was pretty good deal for the Mamluks - we all slowly advanced into Anatolia, while everybody was busy sieging my land in Europe. I got 2 provinces, Mamluks got 2, and Candar got 1. For me, it wasn't really worth it.

Ottomans were left overran by rebels - peasant rebels, noble rebels, Karamanese rebels, Bulgarian rebels.

This war shows that even weakened, Turks are still a menace, and need to be weakened. I can't really deal with Bohemia or Crimea, but North Africans can get wrecked for sure.

I got my first colony on Tenerife, then another in Ivory Coast. Road to India is long, but we'll get there.

For my second idea group I took religious. Once I integrate duchy of Constantinople, I'll have more or less Orthodox majority, so I'll need to achieve religious unity one way or the other.

Those black stripes look good on light green.
Not being war leader sure sucks, I'd have wrecked the Turks a lot harder, but it will have to do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment