Sunday, February 10, 2019

Italy Megacampaign: Part 04: 1483-1501: The First Coalition

I was fighting in North Africa, trying to preventing any of those bastards from providing aid to the Ottomans.

Meanwhile Ottomans just fell apart, with rebels spawning enormous Karaman of 75dev, leaving Ottomans with just 162dev. Oh well I'll need to clean up North Africa regardless.

Coalition of 18 HRE members attacked France. That might be the first time I've ever seen AI France get coalition treatment, and none of the mods affect that that I know of. France crushed them all.

Naples somehow became independent of Castile/Aragon.

During those wars Shadow Kingdom happened, so I immediately went to war against Ferrara and Milan, for crime of stealing money in Venice trade node. Unfortunately just taking 2 provinces from Milan so outraged everyone, that I only took money from Ferrara and kept them free for now.

Then I had another war against the Turks, with Mamluks and Commonwealth on my side. Immediately afterwards Mamluks decided to rival me.

Palatinate somehow got HRE emperorship. That's bad as it severely weakens my ally Austria.

After I took Mantua coalition started with one of African minors, which of course meant next day war.

A bunch of HRE minors joined, which didn't bother me terribly much, but then Hungary and Burgundy joined too, and Hungary decided to attack me.

All that over 3 provinces in North Italy. I guess I could have waited for reformation to start, as that lowers AE a lot, but unification of Italy needs to start somewhere.

I'm not terribly worried about the result, since coalition wargoal is taking my capital, which just so happens to be on an island, and my enemies barely have any navy. It can still be really annoying, for far too long time.

And Colonialism spawned for me, so at least that's working.


The main risk would be if my allies decided to abandon me.
I could peace it out quick giving away Polish land to Hungary,
or I could fight the long war.
That African war is intentionally separate and I'll finish it soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment