Friday, February 15, 2019

Italy Megacampaign: Part 06: 1509-1522: The Orthodoxy

I destroyed Ragusa getting into a war against the Turks. Then Albania getting into a war against Hungary.

Once that was done I went Orthodox. This did not bring me much love among the Catholics. I spent some money to influence everyone, and I had 4 diplomats somehow, but that wasn't quite enough.

Djerid and Naples joined a coalition, so I attacked them in a quick demonstration war.

Another coalition started with Switzerland, Ferrara, Wurzburg, Florence, Savoy, Genoa, Augsburg, and Baden. It ended without any fight.

I went over my limit, and diplovassalized Lucca and Siena.

So far it's been the weakest reformation I've ever seen. Bohemia is Hussite due to missions mod, and that's the only heretic country of note. Livonian Order and East Frisia are Protestant. OPM Teutonic Order is Reformed, and somehow it managed to join the HRE.

Hungary being overran by Orthodox rebels might actually be more impactful than that whole "Reformation" business. Overall it's bad for me, as strong reformation would help me unite Italy.

Castile dragged me into its war against Portugal, breaking my alliance with the Pope - and also there's very little Portugal left. They're both colonizing African coastline, but nobody except me even discovered the New World yet - or even anything in Africa beyond Ivory Coast. So that's also massively behind schedule. Meanwhile I got circumnavigation, sent colonist to Cape and I'll probably spawn my first CN in next decade or so.

I got my religious unity to 74% and patriarch authority to 30% in very short time. All those extra costs and penalties are not a big deal.

All this not blobbing business is getting really annoying. Those leftover countries like North African minors (I only grabbed coastal states) will join every coalition for next century - and I might generate more such annoying bastards once I resume coastal expansion.

Castile/Aragon and Poland/Lithuania are very strong.
Hungary will flip Orthodox by rebels unless someone helps them. That's definitely a consequence of my rebel rebalancing - actually the first visible consequence so far.



This is the worst case of Reformation fizzling I've ever seen.
3 Indian OPMs going Sikh is more impressive than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment