Sunday, December 26, 2021

Montferrat: Part 09: 1530-1541: Defending Scotland

I took a few easy years, started a few new great projects, integrated some subjects, diplovassalized a few more (Circassia, Theodoro).

A big war I started war for whatever was left of Venice, defended by France. France had nearly as many troops as me, and they were stronger. Fortunately I could count on my allies to overwhelm them with numbers.

During that was my Defender of the Faith backfired and I was called in to defend Catholic Scotland from Anglican England. My Defender of the Faith also fell from tier 5 to tier 4.

Scotland was dragging this damn war forever, even after I sunk whole English and allied navy, killed every last of their soldiers, and had every province under siege, they still would keep going just to spite the damn English.

After the war I finally was able to release Gascony as a vassal, with a lot of French cores.

I tried to diplovassalize Crimea, but Poland attacked them first, calling me into their war. Fine.

My truce with Castile and the Mamluks is almost gone, and it would be so much more convenient if Poland didn't call me into their stupid war.

Scotland is the biggest winner of the decade. Naples is slowly getting provinces from Aragon, another 15 years and they will have all their Aragonese cores back. Still need to get some from Castile.


Colonial race started. I have one province in Guyana I took from France (there's almost no AE for that), and 2 colonies being built in the Caribbean.

Stupid Pope decided that Portugal built CN in Caribbean first, so if I create any new colonies there, that means basically zero papal influence going forward.
Castile is about to finish Brazil CN, they'll get regional claim too. I guess I should conquer Mexico or something before all the clay is claimed.
They have 3 colonists each and a big headstart, while I only have 1 so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment