Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Montferrat: Part 02: 1456-1467: Constantinople Restored

The game took a weird turn when I accidentally got PU over Eastern Roman Empire - or the one province they were left with. I guess that sort of happens when we're the same dynasty. Then my ruler died and I got a regency.

Austria called me into their war against Burgundy, and then another with Wallachia, I didn't do much, but got some favors anyway. Since 1.31 favors accumulate way faster anyway, even without diplomat currying them.

I was attacking Sienna to get Provence to break alliance with France, the usual shenanigans, when Shadow Kingdom triggered extremely early, and every North Italian country except me left the HRE. Well Sienna is my vassal now.

Austria got Hungary PU by event. Poland had Lithuania and Moldova. Ottomans were somehow losing war against Albania, Venice, and friends. I did the extremely opportunistic thing, and called them into a reconquest of Constantinople, hoping they do most of the fighting for me. Even though they were mil tech behind the Ottomans, maybe it will work. In theory we massively outnumber them, and it's not like Tunis or Granada are going to show up.

While I was doing that, a small coalition formed against me, so I used the fresh new exploit (which I discovered because Milan did this to me), guarateeing and unguaranteeing various OPMs to get 5 year truce with them. Then I saved and reloaded the game, and coalition dissolved. Amazing.

I got them most of Eastern Roman cores back, but really didn't want to get to 100%, as rebels were occupying half my country back home.

Not like I even needed to, Venice and friends delivered another ass whooping to the Ottomans. They got beaten so hard they fell of the Great Powers list.

I'm not really there, at 98 own dev, 105 dev East Rome, and 20dev Siena.

All this doubling of my territory was completely unexpected. If I didn't accidentally that whole throne, I'd be still waiting for my Provence truce to expire, which it's about to.

I got diplomatic for my first idea group. Extra diplomats are going to be really useful with all the Italian AE.

So far game feels way easier than in the past. It's not obviously broken like 1.31.

Main two new bugs so far in 1.32:

  • that guarantee trick letting you truce anyone you want
  • trading favors for gold no longer working, as everyone income is crazy low, looks like about 10% of their actual income

Ottomans got themselves into this war, while already being beaten by the Venice alliance somehow
Removal of all straits might have something to do with it, as Venice has naval supremacy, so it could blockade Bosporus straits. We took over the Balkans, Venice took oven Anatolia.


I'm nowhere close to being a Great Power, I just allied Austria and Poland before they got their PUs and it paid off. Actually I allied Poland mostly because I wanted to curry favors for ducats (and that's broken in this patch), totally unexpected that it turned out this way

No comments:

Post a Comment