Thursday, December 23, 2021

Montferrat: Part 06: 1499-1510: Kingdom of Montferrat

I got to annoying side of the 1.32. Now institution tech penalties are based on tech level, not on year from institution spawning, so mil tech 9 has 15% penalty for not having Colonialism, even if Colonialism didn't even happen. Oh well.

I got some breathing room with governing capacity, getting +100 from admin tech and finally unlocking courthouses, which basically let me buy a bit more governing capacity at really awful exchange rate, but that's the meta.

I attacked Venice, hoping to get some ports on East Italian coast, but Austria which I called also wanted them for themselves, so in the end all I could take was some Balkan land and some gold. Oh well, it still weakens them a lot.

I got Leonardo Da Vinci by event, and he had an affair with my wife. What is this, Crusader Kisngs?

I really needed to get to 50 prestige to become a kingdom (the fact that I had PU over empire somehow didn't count), so I picked a fight with Provence and some HRE minor for prestige farming. Provence was also allied with Portugal, and Portugal would not let the war end early, so I ended up occupying Lisbon and then seizing Madeira and Tenerife for some potential future colonial range. I don't think I'll be doing any colonization this game, but it's nice to have an option.

That war barely got me to 50 prestige, and I left the HRE, and crowned myself a king. Austria was not happy about it, but I've been improving our relations for long enough they could live with that -100.

During the war I had opportunity to check if heavier or galleys are stronger - it looks like Portugal's heavies are, and by a lot. Oh well, rebuilding the fleet one more time.

Somehow I'm now number 1 Great Power, because Ming doesn't have all the necessary institutions.

Castile/Aragon made a move against Italy, and have been fighting Naples, Venice, and Pope, quite successfully. They're also allied with Mamluks, Florence, and Mantua - the alliance obviously setup against me.

France used to meddle as well, but somehow ended up fighting against Genoa, and it broke their alliance, so I might have an opportunity to clean up the mess.

Ottomans are gone - Mamluks and Candar cleaned up the remains.

If I take oven Venice and Italian minors, that's a pretty decent Roman Restoration

No comments:

Post a Comment