Thursday, December 23, 2021

Montferrat: Part 05: 1492-1499: Fall of the Ottomans

Protestant Reformation started unusually early, but I'll likely stay Catholic as I never experienced the Emperor DLC's Council mechanic. Going Orthodox would likely be the better call, but whatever.

I got Bologna, Saluzzo, and The Knights as vassals diplomatically. There's so many OPMs everywhere, often with crazy strong allies, fortunately at this point I can convince them to join the greater cause.

Switzerland got me into a silly war, but I wanted to declare on Ottomans on the clock - so I did, and had Poland and Austria do all the fighting. I even had Holy War CB, as I was very briefly curia controller, and had the Pope declare Crusade on the Ottomans, which is a rare case how you can get the CB without religious ideas (I took diplomatic and admin).

I eventually sent my troops there. What was left of the Ottomans was a total pushover, and the Mamluks attacked them just after I was done with them. The most annoying thing is that if Mamluks fully annex the Ottomans, they'll get their vassal Crimea for free, and that would be quite annoying.

My main problem now is that I only have 300 governing capacity, and I'm already over that, even without statifying Bulgaria and Bosnia, so in the upcoming war with Venice, I wouldn't be able to take anything. I can either way for next admin tech for +100 capacity, or leave the HRE to get kingdom rand and +200 governing capacity (that would still need 50 prestige which I don't have, as I spend it for swimming lessons for bad heirs).

If I leave the HRE, then I'll likely lose Austria as ally, and they're still really useful both for protection, and to fight my coming wars against Venice.


Balkans, West Anatolia, and North-West Italy is a good start for restoring the Roman Empire.


I wonder if Austria or someone already destroyed third Protestant Center of Reformation as there are 6 Protestant countries but only 2 centers.
It would help my AE if Venice or Naples went Protestant, but for now it doesn't really concern me. Praha province is still Hussite somehow.


No comments:

Post a Comment