Monday, April 26, 2021

Tianxia: Part 05: 817-819: Emperor of Japan

Japan in the mod has two titles e_japan and k_chrysanthemum_throne, and three states:

  • same person holds both as Tenno - this is early bookmark game start
  • one person holds e_japan as Shogun, and another holds k_chrysanthemum_throne as religious head - this is late bookmark game start
  • same person holds both as Tenno, but there's a permanent regency, as intermediate between the two

So since I was given claim to e_japan, I thought I could take it over as shogun by force, relegating current Tenno to purely religious position.

Japan needed a stable government, so I declared war for it, hoping to get the shogunate.



Miyoshi regent vs Yamato tenno is terms of support

My forces outnumbered Tenno's forces, which were also conveniently stuck in Mongolia, and could only go back in parts on small number of ships he had.

It was fairly easy win.

And then the mod bugged out again, and somehow not only gave me e_japan (which would make me a shogun), but also k_chrysanthemum_throne, so I became the Tenno, and replaced the original dynasty on the throne.

To be honest, my heir is grandson on a previous emperor on mother's side, so it's not even that weird.

I think this is a great point to finish this campaign.

I became Tenno instead of Shogun due to yet another bug, oh well

Also Japan was renamed Miyoshi due to another bug

Some conclusions:

  • mod utilizes base CK2 mechanics very poorly - whole East Asia starting with vassal wars banned in first month makes it basically unplayable as vassal
  • mod's new content (Japan regency, shogunate, new society) is full of breaking bugs, and I had to fix one issue after another
  • I had some troubles with the map - mod understandably adds a lot of tiny provinces to Japan, but they're too difficult to see and click; outside Japan this issue is minimal
  • there's a weird bug that makes coats of arms float very high above each province, which makes things look very confusing on high zoom - and that makes tiny province issue a lot worse
  • however, other than those two issues, map is actually very nice
  • I'm not sure which bookmarks are supposed to be playable, most late dates seem broken, but 769, 867, 936, and 1066 look ok
  • mod's Confucian Bureaucracy government type really shouldn't be in the game, and definitely not in Japan, or early start Korea - which were both very feudal. Maybe China and very late start Korea (1392+, so beyond even last start date). It's basically all upside over feudal, and it's not even historical.
  • some weird things that happen were due to interactions with other small mods (notably Fitna Fracture destroyed Tang China due to prolonged stalemate in civil war), but these feel like positives rather than negatives

I guess I could give it another go somewhere else like China, Korea, or Spice Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment