Friday, April 23, 2021

Tianxia: Part 02: 786-795: One Duchy Per Son

The Empress kept undermining me, this time by creating new duchy, and giving it to my 4-county vassal and previous daimyo of Tosan.

Then she tried pressing my another vassal's foreign claim, which would let him go. Fortunately that got absolutely nowhere.

To apologize for my previous raiding, I betrothed my youngest daughter with prince of Korea. I arranged a lot of other marriages for my 3 sons and 6 daughters.

I tried in vain to befriend everyone in Japan to get them to support my claim on duchy of Echizen, with no luck. So I destroyed it by force.

Tang Empire of China collapsed. That was unexpected mod interaction between Tianxia and Fitna Fracture - Fitna Fracture sets up competing realm or shatters it completely if it's in long going civil war.

The Empress recreated it right away, and I was about to get angry, but she gave it to me. So 17 years for the first duchy, just 3 for the second.

Daimyo of Owari died in suspicious circumstances, and the lords of Japan agreed that as protector of Ise Grand Shrine, I should be the daimyo of Owari as well. So third duchy came in 2 years.

My damn society tried to force me to waste another 2 years of my life going for another pointless trip to other side of the world with no reward whatsoever. I already did it once, and I didn't even have a mission or anything, and there was no reject button. This mod is really disappointing quality. Anyway, I need to figure out how to join the Hermetics or Ghost Gatherers with next character.

My realm was hit by Slow Fever and Measles which I got both at the same time in spite of being on this trip abroad. I also got wounded on the trip, again. I thought I was done for, but somehow I recovered.

I arrived in China, and was forced to take 5-part Confucian classics exam to be able to duel that great warrior. I failed the test, really didn't feel like paying 500 gold bribe (that's 4 year of my income) for a chance to fight that bastard, so I left for home.

The Empress finally died, and new Emperor is married to my daughter, while I'm married to his sister. That didn't last long, as he died in combat fighting Northern barbarians. King of Korea died too, so that marriage failed as well. That meant two daughters I didn't know what to do with, so I sent one to marry king of Jingdong in China, and another to marry king of Lombardy, whatever that is.

The new emperor Kameyeama is a lustful dwarf and a drunkard. That reminds me of someone.

Now we reach another mystery. Emperor of Japan has special government type, but Japanese vassals have 3 possibilities:

  • Confucian Bureaucracy - can hold castles and cities; +1 piety a month; no religious revocation or wrong religion penalties
  • Japanese Monastic Feudal - can hold castles and temples; +1 piety a month; Shinto only
  • Japanese Feudal - can hold castles; mostly like normal feudal; no religious revocation or wrong religion penalties

Everyone in Japan starts as Confucian Bureaucracy, and it's possible but difficult to switch to either of the other two. Now I can see why someone might want to switch to Japanese Monastic Feudal, as holding temples is interesting, but why would anybody ever switch to Japanese Feudal?

I researched the files trying my best why the hell anyone would take the purely downside decision to go Japanese Feudal. I checked government code, event code, CBs, decisions, dev diary, trying to find any reason whatsoever why someone might want to go Japanese Feudal. And the only benefit I can see it offers an ability to revoke or imprison without valid reason, but you still eat big penalty with all your vassals, so you almost never do this anyway!

This mod has been disappointing again. I'm not even saying that mod can't have bad decisions, or unfinished content, but at least indicate it somehow. The switch costs 2500 prestige and a bunch of extra criteria, and it was so bad, that I was completely baffled what the hell am I missing there.

Anyway, I had three sons, and I wanted to already pick which one gets what. Two were with concubines, and only one with my imperial wife:

  • oldest Nobukari gets Wakasa and will be daimyo of Echizen
  • middle Akikimi (nephew of previous emperor) will be primary heir, get Echizen, Mino, Omi, and be daimyo of Tosan
  • youngest Sumimori will get Ise and be daimyo of Owari

I need to land Nobukari before he gets married, as his wife is a landed countess who's a vassal of my rival, and it would be really messy if he left for her court.

My current heir and lands

4 Keno counties used to be my vassal before he got granted his daimyo title. Then I got those 2 weird duchies North of Keno by some vassal inheritance I was completely unaware of.

I'm still only 42, but I had many close encounters with death, by disease and duelling

No comments:

Post a Comment