Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Very Sus Celestial Andalusia: Part 09: 1554-1571: Suspiciously Primitive

How Inti even works? Apparently I get authority by being big, and by reducing autonomy.

And going Inti made me a "primitive" country, resulting in:

  • losing all government reforms. I hope all those points are saved and I'll get them back, it would suck to lose them all.
  • I can't build new boats! I completely forgot about it, otherwise I'd have at least built to my force limit.
  • I gain 0 sailors so I can't even keep boats operating long term
  • gold income fell to 10% of its normal levels.
  • I can't new institutions and Printing Press already started
  • I can't start new Hunt for Golden Cities, but my one conquistador who was already hunting can continue
  • I can only colonize next to my cores

So I guess the costs are a lot worse than I thought.

I got 50% authority by mass reducing autonomy everywhere, but to pass full reforms I need 500% and i'm gaining about 15% a year, so it will be 30 years plus a bunch of civil wars. Well, out of primitive status in 1585, let's see if there's any way to speed that up by events.

At least the coalition instantly dissolved itself, I'm guessing due to confusion on what the hell is going on. And Ming got its Unguarded Nomadic Frontier, hopefully they collapse without my help, as there's no way for me to fight them without ships.

I pressed first reform in 1557, and got welcome by 86k pretender rebels. Not a huge deal normally, except they spawned in damn Iberia.

I got one event for +5% authority. Coring some land sped up my yearly autonomy gain - and opened new options for reducing autonomy, so I got second reform in 1561.

I chartered trade company province sitting on coast between Ming, Manchu, and Korea - somehow that's not blocked by being primitives.

The Manchus were really impatient and attacked Korea and its overlord Ming without waiting for mandate collapse. Ming actually beat them and got one border fort, but that left Korea on its own, so Manchu got most of it, good deal overall.

I got another event for +5% authority. And then another one for +5% but it spawn rebellion on an island far from my troops or boats. I passed third reform in 1564.

With even more coring, I didn't notice that I went a good deal over my governing capacity. Damn, so annoying, time to spam a lot of courthouses. That part doesn't even have an outliner, so I wrote a script to analyze save game and give me a list of provinces to build court houses in - more or less sorting them by development.

Oh wait, I can give my estates some privileges for 100 capacity each. I don't like doing this, but I need to not just cover my current capacity, but also get some extra to conquer China.

Cilli decided to send me institution progress for outrageous 17 gold a month, which I took, as there's no easy way to get it otherwise.

I passed fourth reform in 1568.

I got another revolt for +10% authority. And finally I passed the final reform in 1571.

And doing this I discovered that I no longer get any Authority bonuses, making my religion much worse than I thought. It also bugged out autonomy button, so I can no longer increase it - not a huge deal. More annoyingly my Inti colonial nations are all still primitives with no ability to reform, so they'll never get any ships, which also feels like a bug.

It feels like the whole Inti adventure was a mistake, and I should have stayed Fetishist, but the only way to learn is by trying.


Time to fight China
I know I promised Mingsplosion, and in every AI game Ming either collapsed or really struggled. This Ming just shrugs it all off like it's nothing. Is this just because of extra ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment