Friday, December 25, 2020

Very Sus Celestial Andalusia: Part 05: 1483-1500: Very Sus Institution of Colonialism

Portugal broke our alliance, but then Castile - severely battered by Aragon - asked to ally me. That alliance didn't last long - I had perfect CB on Portugal taking my core in Tangiers, and of their two allies England wouldn't join, but Castile would, so I guess Castile needs to be thrown under the bus and waited out until they're willing to peace out.

That was 29k troops vs theirs 43k. On sea ours 16 lights vs theirs 12 heavies and 14 lights. Fortunately there's no strait, so they're forced to do hostile piecemeal landing, otherwise ticking warscore is all mine.

I got an annoying event that released Sale as my pirate march. My vassal Jolof and my march Sale kept losing battle after battle and were just an endless burden.

Unfortunately Castile showed zero interest in abandoning Portugal in the war, so I had to peace out Portugal for just breaking their remaining alliance. Portugal allied Aragon instead immediately afterwards. So I guess I allied Castile again, and Tunis was now too small to be my rival, so we resolved all our differences and became best allies too.

Castile got Iberian Wedding event, and said no. I'm not even sure which way would be better - if Castile got Aragon, it would likely be disloyal, and that would break Portugal's only alliance. Oh well, I'll get them somehow.

I also got Colonialism. I think Portugal had better chances, but I guess RNJesus smiles upon my country, even though we're not even RNChristians.

I took a break from all the Iberian nonsense to conquer West Africa some more. The land is trash other than for 3 gold mines, but it's in my mission tree, and they can't coalition me once they no longer exist.

The whole schedule of "colonize Cape by 1500" failed miserably - the only colony I managed to finish is Arguin. I tried to colonize Grain Coast, but the Portuguese burned it down, so I had to do it all over.

My ideas so far are Exploration (7), Administrative (2), Plutocratic (3), Expansion (3). I think I'll take Quantity next, as 1.30 mercs are annoying, and I need my paper mana to core, and bird mana to develop the 3 gold mines I'm about to get.


I think I could defeat Iberians, but it would be really long war (to wait out my target's allies, so over 5 years), and that would prevent me from pressing Moroccan claims to the Greater Western Sahara region

I think I'll conquer everyone except Mali and take all the gold provinces by 1520 - and Mali is a great bank, paying me 810 gold every time they lose, and so funding my country

It's been going a bit more slowly than expected, but without too much trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment